What is the most outrageous thing you witnessed at a KH or did yourself?

by restrangled 3 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Considering all the heavy duty subjects going on here I think we need something lighter to break it up.

I have 2 stories, neither of which I had the nerve to do myself.

My husband around Christmas time had gotten his fill of my mom's preaching. He went out and bought the biggest live Christmas tree he could find. Tied it to the top of a little Honda and waited until the meeting was letting in 2 blocks away. He pulled through the drive up to the front door and shouted MERRY CHRISTMAS! Horror of horrors my mom was just going in along without about 20 others. I did not live that one down for a long time! I was not involved at the time but sure paid big time for the next year with my mother.

My oldest Uncle (not a JW) attended the wedding of one of my cousins. He had been tortured by the entire family for years for not being a JW. After the talk, he couldn't take it anymore and to inforce his disapproval of the JW's promptly exited the KH with others, went to the side of the building and Pee'd all over it.

Of course everybody and their extended relatives witnessed it. There was much Tee Heeing from those who were sympathetic with him.

I am giggling now.

Tell your story!

r.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Your husband and uncle sound like my kinda people!

One time I was waiting for a brotherâ„¢ while he was in a store, and he was taking too long, and I was getting pissed. I looked in the window and noticed he was chatting up a hot babe behind the counter. I decided to embarass him, so I half blew my nose so there was a good sized snot hanging out of it, let a good bit of saliva drool out of one side of my mouth, bent over like a hunchback, and went into the store acting like a retard, waving my arms about and calling in a deliberately screwed up voice, "Mark! Mark! Where are you Mark??? I NEED YOU MARK!!!"

He ran out of the store, pretending not to know me. I chased him.

W

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Putting notes in the contribution box telling the Elders that they were nothing but a bunch of gas pumpers on a power trip. (Think of "The Jerk" yelling...stay away from the cans, he hates the cans!") And that was one of the nicer things I said.

Of course then there was the time I missed the toilet, but we won't go there.

• parakeet
    parakeet

During a service meeting, a brother giving a talk illustrated a point he was making by pulling out from behind the podium one of those gag-gift-type rubber chickens. The whole cong howled with laughter for at least 5 minutes, almost literally rolling onto the floor. I don't remember what the talk was about, but I sure remember that chicken. It was the only moment I can remember at the KH where everyone dropped their JW uptight seriousness and just went with the moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit