pavlov reaction of JW's

by DannyBloem 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

last sunday at the meeting I noticed how eager the witnesses are to follow suit and to show as if they are very interested.

The brother at the stage read very named scriptures like math 24:14 etc. All the people in the hall were very eager to look it up and read it with him, even though they knew the scripture already, and reading it again does not help anything.

same pavlov reaction with clapping after the public talk was over, etc etc.

are there more examples of this type of reaction?

• sir82
    sir82

How about at the district convention. The last talk always generates about 20 or 30 separate instances of applause. If the audience doesn't "get it", the speaker will just pause until somebody starts clappping, then everyone else will follow suit.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Didn't the dog actually get given the food as conditioning, before he salivated on hearing the bell ?

Are the jws are a separate study of spontaneous salivation ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa !!!! This just made me realise - the fact that they are promised new and superior, illness free bodies of flesh in an earthly paradise is A NECESSARY PART of eliciting a salivation response (the response to action), because THEY HAVE ALREADY EXPERIENCED WHAT IT IS LIKE to be healthy and on holiday, so the promise is something they physically understand and identify, and therefore, respond to.

If the future promise was to "live on as a helpful spirit in the ether" would so many respond ?

------------------------------------------------------------------

In contrast to

Beloved, we are God's children now; it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.paduan

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Yes, I agree Danny. The dubs are 'conditioned' to respond to trigger words. Most people do though, but with the dubs, the trigger words are coninually re-inforced by the Society... See also the 'Cocktail Party Phenomenon'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit