To the fire fighters...............

by WildHorses 9 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

It was reported on the news that half of the NY fire force lost their lives today due to the tragedy at the WTC. I will pray for their families.

To all the fire fighter in the US and the world over. I thank you for your hard work. I salute you. Where would we be without you?

Lilacs

• Kat_
    Kat_

My husband is a firefighter and is completely devestated by this news. It's such a scary thing. We are separated at this time but I spoke to him several times today. This just hits so close to home and, at least in our area, all the fire departments feel like they have lost family.
    He also works at Disney World, as does my brother, and both heard a rumor that they shut down because an undisclosed 'object' was found underneath Cinderella's castle. No one has heard anything since shut down so it was probably nothing. But I am still glad they shut down. My brother was at work at the Magic Kingdom when it happened and all the managers of each area of the park went around to the cast members and told them of the news--the cast members were instructed not to show any emotion and not to even breathe a word to guests. My brother could not keep it together due to fact that our entire family lives in NY, with several who work in the city, 3 of whom work in the WTC. 2 of them were in Tower 2 but fortunately survived. My Dad was MIA for hours and nobody knew where he was. Thankfully, everyone is okay.
    My cousin-in-law is in Bethel and from his window, he was able to watch the entire scene as it happened. He took tons of pics and caught the whole thing on film.

This whole thing is just devestating and I wanted to join you in this post to say 'thank you' to the brave souls who lost their lives trying to do their jobs--and to their families. My prayers are with all of the Victims and NYPD&NYFD. My heart weeps today.

Kat

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

Fire fighters are all brothers no matter where in the world we serve. I have lost some brothers yesterday and the world has lost some of the bravest men and women.Lest we never forget.

UO

• Gimme3steps
    Gimme3steps

Absolutely,..Lilacs...these men, and women,..answered a call, of duty, and gave their all....let us never forget em....I know,
    Our Creator won't, and hope our country, never does, either. I feel a similar compassion for the sailors, aboard the Kursk, the Kosovoer people,the victims of Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Rwandan minorities, and yes, even, America, in Vietnam...the list could go on, but the point is clear,..Honor, and remember, those who have fallen, unjustly.,at this time, it is very appropriate, to express feelings of sincere appreciation, and admiration, to all those who came to the aid, of the victims, and especially those, who paid the ultimate price.

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

I am not a firefighter, but I am a member of Emergency Medical and Rescue Services. Most of my collegues are firefighters, and they have been called to the scene to give aid to the rescue efforts. I was supposed to go, but I didn't find out about all of this until 2pm. Time is not of abundance, so they left, but I am currently on stand-by with NJ Emergency Management...i feel so helpless sitting here watching instead of helping. All those people still trapped, calling for help on their cell phones....it will take weeks to search through all the rubble. This is not a jet crash, or a neighborhood ravaged by a tornado...hell the Murrah building bombing doesn't even compare. I don't know if any of you have been to NYC, but these buildings were massive...two of the largest and tallest building in the entire world! When you look at them, it almost takes your breath away, and when you go to the top, you can see for miles and miles. 110 stories...all collaped upon itself. It will be really strange to go to NYC, and not see the towers. Anyway, I will pass on your thanks to my firefighter collegues, memebers of Slackwood Fire Company, Station 21-Ladder 21 and the members of Lawrenceville First Aid and Rescue Squad 29, Apparatus 129-1.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I am SO glad you started this thread, Lilacs!

I, too, have tremendous respect for firefighters everywhere and salute these usually unsung heroes for their dedication and bravery day in and day out, year after year.

I particularly want to thank the firefighters, rescue workers, and emergency medical personnel who are still working tirelessly at the disaster sites around our nation with heavy hearts full of pain for the loss of an enormous amount of colleagues and at great risk to themselves.

Thankful thoughts and prayers are also being offered for the families of the lost ones who died in the service of humanity.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• COMF
    COMF

I heard on the news this morning that people under the rubble are calling from cell phones, saying they are alive; and some are in groups. One guy said there were a firefighter and a policeman with him.

COMF

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

To everyone whose job it is to keep us safe:

I don't know you, but I thank you. Because of what you do, day in and
    day out, my world is safer. I thank your family. They are willing to
    live every day with the quiet knowledge that this might be the day that you trade your safety for mine. I thank them because I know that I don't have that kind of courage. I love my husband and child more than I could begin to articulate. I would not hesitate to ask you do whatever was necessary to keep them safe. Without compunction, I would send you into the fire. I thank you, because I know that you would go, without having to be sent.

When 202 of our nations' firefighters and 57 of our police officers died Tuesday , I prayed for them. I prayed for thier wives, husbands daughters and sons. I prayed for you, and your family. I prayed for your comfort and saftey. I prayed for your continued courage. I asked forgiveness for not having prayed before now.

BobsGirl

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

My husband is a cop. This whole thing made me hug him a little tighter when he got off work yesterday, and again this morning before he left for duty.

May God bless the families of the brave men and women who have given their lives in an attempt to save others. Thank you every day for your dedication to a job that puts your life on the line for little pay.

Reagan

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Thinking about these brave men and women that selflessly gave their lives to help others get's me choked up again.

I am agnostic, but for what's it's worth, God bless you. Thank you for protecting me and my family everyday. Thank you for putting your life in the line of danger everyday.

Thank you.

Slipnslidemaster: "I don't know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    - Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit