9 meetings...no me

by mavie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

I posted earlier I don't understand the female gender. Still having a hard time understanding this behavior.

You see, we mutually missed about 2 weeks of meetings. Then we go for a week. Now we have mutually missed 9 in a row. Tonight we had a beer and went out on the town instead of meeting!

I am afraid to ask...I am just going to enjoy it.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

So nobody has asked for you? Are you still a MS?

• mavie
    mavie

So far I am...don't know how long though.

I've meet with elders 3 times now. I've told them everything (almost everything, obviously). I suspect they will want to visit again.

• vitty
    vitty

During this interlude, you should be doing your utmost, in being the most wonderful husband. Flowers , nights out, show her there is a wonderful life for both of you beyond the WT

She is testing the waters, will God strike her dead for missing a few meetings. Show her that it can be fun without the guilt

If she wants to go to a meeting say "of course" but im going to the pictures, theatre, whatever

• mavie
    mavie

Thanks Vitty, I am really trying to do that. The only difference being that I will still go to meeting with her if she wants to go.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

This reminds me of a time when we were still kids. For a period of time we just didn't go to meetings or witnessing anymore. It was great! We never questioned it we just accepted it. LOL. After a few months though it was back to normal. Turns out mum was really depressed at the time.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I remember my first couple of meetings I didn't go to..it was really weird being at home watching tv with dad while mom was gone..weird but relaxing.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I remember the weird it felt to see all my family around me leaving for the meeting after I had DAed myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit