Pet owners update: What would you pay?

by frozen one 7 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

I had my cat put to sleep this morning. He had really gone down hill overnight. I asked the vet if she thought the catheter breaking was not preventable. After she explained what happened I concluded that the catheter breaking was not forseeable. She was baffled at my cats immune system response and even consulted with the U of MN trying to figure it out. The final bill was $920...worth every penny. He was a great buddy but nothing lasts forever. Now I need to decide if I should adopt another one to keep my other cat company. Thanks for the replies to my original post. It was interesting reading.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

aww sorry for your loss Frozen...its always hard to lose a beloved pet, it sounds like you did everything you could do.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

So sorry you lost your cat, you did your best for him

See how your other cat copes without him before getting another, give him lots of individual tlc for a while. My cat became severely depressed when he lost his companion so I ended up adopting another.

• sinis
    sinis

Sorry about your loss. IMHO life is life, and if I have the means to help out a small critter or human I will usually spend whatever it takes.

• kazar
    kazar

So sorry. You did the best thing for him even though you will miss him.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Sorry FrozeONe/

What would I pay? For my dog. Too damn much. The guy relies on me to protect him and provide for him in this world. What would it cost to not have a guilty conscience and my dog? That's what I would pay.

You did the right thing by your cat and I hope she knew that you giving her your best.

• nsrn
    nsrn

So sorry you had to put the cat down. That is so heartwrenching to go through. I'd wait briefly to decide about another pet.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Sorry to hear about your cat.

Sure, get another one, if you want. Also get another vet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit