Yea, got inlaws to stop going!

by sinis 7 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Finally. Talking with my brother in law yesterday and he sees the crap in the WTS. Him and his wife have been weak, but now with all the info I have been giving them, they WILL NOT BE GOING BACK!!! My wife, his wifes sister is slightly pissed, but I think she sees it also. Just might take some more time with her. Basically the only ones going (semi going) in the family is my wife and her mom. Maybe one day they will stop giong and open there eyes as my brother in law and his wife have.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Congrats!

• WTFBBQPWNT
    WTFBBQPWNT

BUT WHAT IF THEY WERE GOING FOR THE EYE CANDY?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Freeing someone from the control of a cult is awesome!

• sinis
    sinis

It is especially when you start to think for yourself. Like he said, the WTS does not feed nor educate his family for the future. He said listening to them has given him some good qualities, but the meetings and JW's are just too controlling. He said it would be great if they would live and let live, but he doesn't see it happening. He also said it was funny that so much on spiritual health is hinged on meetings and field service. Even now he said he is ignored/shunned by some who think he is weak spiritually.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

brilliant, nice work

• hubert
    hubert

Great news, Sinis !!

So, what exactly got them off the fence? Anything in particular?

Hubert

• sinis
    sinis

The UN letter, failed prophecy, and just the lack of love in general.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit