fun with CD

by Jerry1 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerry1
    Jerry1

Question Box

?

How should matters be handled when a householder insists that Jehovah’s Witnesses make no further calls at that home?

When we encounter a sign at the door that strictly prohibits calls of a religious nature and specifically mentions Jehovah’s Witnesses, it may be best to respect the householder’s wishes and avoid knocking.

I never had any contact at all with JWs until my son-in law and daughter joined up. It has almost taken over my life as well researching

and that is why i come here, you guys have been lots of help. I down loaded the CD and I continue to be amazed at things i read.

Picture this....a householder ( me for instance ) went to the trouble to put up a sign saying...well, like it says here above, and it may be best

not to go there. amazing.

So far, though i think the following is my favorite. Obviously both are products of the legal department.

17. Does the nonfulfillment of our own premature expectations mean that Jehovah has altered his purposes?

• parakeet
    parakeet

***17. Does the nonfulfillment of our own premature expectations mean that Jehovah has altered his purposes?***

And note the unspecified "our." JWs may give that a quick read and think "our" means their and the WTS's premature expectations. But if they were to press the issue, the WTS would quickly ignore their own failed predictions and blame the JWs for "their" premature expectations. They've done so many times before.

• Bookey
    Bookey

(removed)

• zeroday
    zeroday

This is a quote from the WT 7/15 1976 after the failed 1975 prediction, it never fails to amaze me:

w76 7/15 p. 441 A Solid Basis for Confidence ***

. If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit