I'm trying to make a web page (HELP!)

by MsMcDucket 5 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Ok, how do I put music into the page? Anyone know? It's been years since I've made a web page. Which should I use midi or wav?

Thanks

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yikes I hate webpages with sound this should help you out though. http://www.tips-tricks.com/sound.asp

• Shazard
    Shazard

Believe putting sound into web page is very annoying and sign of bad design. Do not do it if you want someone more then one time to come to your page.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Oops! I did not know that. I love Donald Byrd's "Wind Parade". It's jazz fusion. I want to be able to put it on there, but for the viewer to have the option to turn it off. Trying to help a friend out who's trying to sell Super Bowl 2007 tickets. His package is very expensive, so I need to get it out to the ones who can afford it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I too think music is a bad idea. When I find one of those pages I close it immediately. I don't even bother to find out if they have put a ay to stop the music.

Evewn short music clips take huge amounts of bandwidth for both the person's site and for the viewer. Some sites are awesome in their graphics or fancy home pages. But if it takes more than a few seconds to load a page most people will move on. People want simple, attractive, user friendly and fast websites when they are looking for a site.

• Khufu
    Khufu

Not to mention the copyright problem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit