110 million year old spider NOT vegetarian

by DannyBloem 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

The world's oldest spider web – complete with captured prey - has been discovered, preserved in 110-million-year-old amber.

The web was trapped in the early Cretaceous period as sticky sap seeped from a tree in what is now Spain. It had hung from a tree so that it would catch insects on the wing.

The location of the spider silk strands have been drawn on this image. Magnified images of a mite and bubbles attached to a strand are shown in boxes. The scale bar is 1 millimetre long. (Image: Science) if you want to read more: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9389-oldest-spider-web-found-in-amber.html hmm, I wonder how the society is going to explain that ahh I already know: they don't, just the big silence again DB

• sir82
    sir82

My PO explains carnivorous animals this way:

Jehovah created carnivores to eliminate "the old and the sick" from among the animal population, or even the ones already dead. It's just after the flood that they became aggressive hunters of other animals.

So clearly, that insect in the amber was on its, er, last legs.

Hmm, one of these days I've got to ask who was around to eliminate the old & sick of the carnivores?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I hope that the your PO is not old and sick......

• Poztate
    Poztate
    hmm, I wonder how the society is going to explain that ahh I already know: they don't, just the big silence again DB

The explanation is simple. It was an act of Satan the Debil He is misleading the entire inhabited earth as we well know. HE PLANTED this false information just to mislead us...But we will not be mislead. The spider if you look really closely was trying to rescue rather than eat his supposed prey. An entire Awake™ magazine will be devoted to this subject in the near future. ZZZZZZZZZZ

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Pssssssssttt... spiders never were plant eaters...sssssshhhhh...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Actually Rabbit there is claimed to be evidence that some ( not all)of the early ancestors of spiders were vegetarian. At least that's what I read in a display on evolution at the museum. Fossils have been found where the mouth parts are adapted for this.

Rather like some moths that have evolved from veggies to snatching prey out of the air. Until winged insects existed the spiders could not have caught live food in webs.

HB

• Satanus
    Satanus

Perhaps precarno spiders used their web to tie up plants while they chewed on them. That way, they couldn't get away.

S

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Hampster:

Actually Rabbit there is claimed to be evidence that some ( not all)of the early ancestors of spiders were vegetarian.

Actually, I was talking about spiders, not ancestors nor current relatives like crabs which have a more varied diet. To say relative or ancestors means evolution which flies in the face of Bible creation stories.

The spiders bite causes liquifaction of the internal organs of their victims, then, the only way they have to 'eat' is by sucking the resulting 'soup' out. Also, there are several species of 'hunter' spiders that do not use webs for catching prey. They do, however, wrap their eggs up in silk for protection.

Yep, spiders suck...big time.

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit