Return Offers to Witnesses at the Door!

by Bookey 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Bookey
    Bookey

Hi Everyone,

I want to hear as many ideas as possible for items/gifts of mercy to hand out to witnesses when they knock at the front door. To be fair, in exchange for their wonderful literature that is the "truth", I think it fair to return the favor with some "truth" items of our own as a gift to them! Any suggestions? I am open for more ideas!

Boo Key

• moanzy
    moanzy

I'm waiting for the oportunity to give them the new Torte of misrepresentation on blood.

Moanzy

• delilah
    delilah

Hi Bookey. Nice to make your acquaintance.

When I was a teen, out in the "service", I was offered a Hustler magazine......does that help?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

In the early 70s I once traded one of the pocket sized books for a beer at a hippie commune.
    Needless to say, I was something of a different kind of Witness from the get-go.
    S4

• parakeet
    parakeet

I said this in another thread: Print out a few pages from "the best of" on this forum. Ask to trade your printouts for their current offering of "truth du jour," promise to read theirs if they read yours, and ask them to come back for a discussion about what you've both read.
    This will accomplish two things: 1. They may actually read and think about what you've given them (not likely, but who knows); 2. No JW will ever darken your door again.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I prefer to give them something they'll appreciate - a good reinforcing of their persecution complex. If they come here I'll shout, scream profanities, rant, rave, and foam at the mouth. They'll leave my home rejoicing that they've been counted worthy to be persecuted for Jehovah's name.

W

• Terry
    Terry

How about a little notebook with facsimile reprints of Watchtower oddities arranged in a left and right column comparison?

On the left show the assuring prose which sets up the policy and on the right show the reversal and the equally assuring prose.

All this completely without any commentary or set-up.

Just let them soak it in.

They will have to draw their own conclusions.

I like to ask one question: I'll read your material if you will agree to read mine--okay?

If they slyly agree I add: Okay, let's sit down now and do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit