Bloodless surgery....Anyone know of anybody that had this procedure?

by hubert 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• hubert
    hubert

Does anyone know of anybody that had bloodless surgery/transfusion free surgery and died, but would have most likely lived if they had received a transfusion?

Any stories?

Thanks in advance.

Hubert

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I know of a girl that died earlier because she couldn't get a transplant without blood! Couldn't find a dr who would do it! Now I say that with full knowledge that she was going to die ANYWAY but she would have lived a few more years with the transplant!

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks for that, mkr.

No one knows of anyone? Is it this new?

Hubert

• ann in Texas
    ann in Texas

Yeah! I know of one girl.

When she was a tween, she was diagnosed with osteoporosis. By the time she got into middle school, she had a large hump on her right shoulder. She soon went into home school so that no one would look at her. But then she found out about the surgery where they place two iron rods on both sides of your spine. Because we are from a smaller community, they sent her to San Antonio for he surgery. It was a pretty extensive surgery. She has the scars still up her whole back. She was on medication to raise her blood count, and she had to drop a lot of weight for the surgery, but in the end it was a success.

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

My sister had scoleosis and decided to have rods put into her back to make her straight. She had the bloodless surgery done in 2002 and it was a success. I remember my father having a big problem with the bloodless surgery thing but because my sister was 19 there was nothing he could really do. Thank god it turned out ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit