I got this message on myspace that I wanted to share...

by lisaBObeesa 1 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I got this message and I wanted to share it because it just expresses so well what so many of have gone through or are going though...If you leave some messages for this person, I will direct her here to see them...or maybe she is already here??

I know I struggle much the same way she does. The last paragraph really sums it up, I guess.

I ask only one thing: If you reply to her, PLEASE no Bible, God, or faith bashing.

Anyway, here is her message:

Well, what could I say that so many have not already said. I am lucky (nice to say that word) because my mom was the link that held use to the "truth"

HA! She did some research and she is the one in our family who found that the 1914 date was a load of crap. That the mags had symbols of free masons and the whole intertwining of the two beliefs. More research showed that JW were riding the wild beast by being NTO (I think tat was what it's called). The whole pervert in the organization thing. The whole last super thing. To think all those years turning away Jesus sacrifice, being taught that this was only for the so called 144 thou.

We now have the Passover in our homes, and we no longer pass the gift of Jesus sacrifice away. We take part so that all who take part might have life. Not just a select few.

It was a lot to take in all at once. My mom met with the hanging dept at her home, four years ago. We children met at her home to watch and learn. I wanted to smack the s--- out of them. They didn't answer any of her questions regarding the above. They did accuse her of trying to be a elderet or prophet, trying to take the lead in matters that were not hers to question.

All but one of us left the"truth." ( twenty family member and true friends. ) That one left not to much longer. My mom said she is glad that we did not get a sour taste for God and his word.

I love God and his word, if I can just pick up a bible again and have trust that what is there has not been tampered with like the JW bible. My mom was shocked to hear that it has been 4years and I have not been able to do this. I just need to find faith again. I didn't think that things bothered me like so many others, but I guess I am damaged by it all as well. I feel alone sometimes. I live in a new state and I am having trouble making friends. I think because of my upbringing that I am too judgmental. I find that people I meet are a lot different than people I grew up being able to talk to. I have a great deal of work to do on myself and the way I think. I don't think that I will ever be normal. What is normal?
    And who am I? Will we ever really know?
    That sums it up in my nut shell world.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(sorry if I've misunderstood the 'bashing' - did you mean putting those things down, or preaching? I don't think I've done either, not deliberately anyway)

To Lisa's friend:

I love God and his word, if I can just pick up a bible again and have trust that what is there has not been tampered with like the JW bible.

Maybe you might consider investing in an interlinear (not KIT) - so you can compare the modern translation with the original language and literal translation?

My mom was shocked to hear that it has been 4years and I have not been able to do this. I just need to find faith again.

Take your time, try not to feel pressurised or guilty about this.

I didn't think that things bothered me like so many others, but I guess I am damaged by it all as well. I feel alone sometimes. I live in a new state and I am having trouble making friends. I think because of my upbringing that I am too judgmental. I find that people I meet are a lot different than people I grew up being able to talk to. I have a great deal of work to do on myself and the way I think.

Healing takes time. Again, go steady. If you are judgemental, it's good that you recognise and admit that - it's the main step to doing something about it.

My counsellor taught me to question every single negative thought which comes into my head - why am I saying/thinking this and then change it for a positive answer (I think it's called cognitive therapy?), effectively it replaces the lies that have become ingrained in my personality. It's very difficult at first but gets easier with practice - almost like having an argument with yourself sometimes!

To address both the problem finding friends and finding your faith again, would you consider trying out a few churches in your area? Maybe one that runs an Alpha course or something similar where you would be free to ask all the questions you need to ask and find some informal fellowship at the same time.

I don't think that I will ever be normal. What is normal?

There's no such thing as normal! You are unique - the good bits and the not so good - we're all 'fearfully and wonderfully made'

Blessings for your journey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit