Blood Needed

by Sam Beli 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

The American Red Cross has issued an alert that large amounts of blood will be needed for the large numbers of victims of burns and other injuries from today’s tragic events.

I’d like to see a thoughtful explanation from Brooklyn or a loyal JW on how the no-blood strategy can reasonably work in horrific situations such as we are seeing this morning.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i'm donating blood, if you can donate you should! blood supplies already low they need our help.......

love to you all
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Good for you Peace!

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Thanks Sam. Yes, it is the right and good thing to do to help our fellow citizens.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

bttt

here's a link for the red cross. i know my local blood center is staying open late tonight...they sent faxes out to all the businesses here.

. http://redcross.org/

love to all
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Dammit! I just gave blood July 20, won't be able to do so for another ten days yet.

Gently Feral

• waiting
    waiting

The Red Cross has put up an emergency number which I heard on the radio - infor. for giving blood.

1-800-GIVELIFE

See ya'll in the blood line. Gonna go in tomorrow.

waiting

• outnfree
    outnfree

Gently,

I am in a similar situation -- I am not supposed to donate again until the 24th of this month. But I am going to call the nurses desk in my area to see if an exception can be made or if it is really a hard and fast rule? I am 0 negative and know that I'm a universal donor type.

I'll let you know when I get something other than a busy signal (or you may want to phone yourself to ask?).

outnfree

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo
    The Red Cross has put up an emergency number which I heard on the radio - infor. for giving blood.

1-800-GIVELIFE

See ya'll in the blood line. Gonna go in tomorrow.

waiting

The number in Canada is

1-888-TO DONATE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit