Non-JW question--A repeat, I'm sure, but would like to know.........

by whyizit 3 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

I've never been a JW. I understand that there is a lot of pressure and that many relationships stand to be ruined if a JW decides to exit. *I understand they get shunned, just like Jesus was constantly doing in the NT. (Sarcasm.) Forgive me.

#1-What did you hear, see, or find that made you decide that the WTS was teaching false doctrines?

#2-How long did afterward did it take for you to exit (if ever)?

#3-What struggles did you face, or are you facing now, in the aftermath of it all?

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

We started questioning things after the Dateline program on child abuse. Also my father had recently died. The doctor asked me why we could take albumin when it was blood and the only ansere I had was the WT said it was ok, so it must be so. I also found out the WT says Jesus is my mediator only if I am in association with the faithful slave. Those three things were the start of two years of intense researching and reading. Fortunately for us, we both came to the same conclusions and left at the same time, about 4 years ago not, although we aren't formally out. I am debating with myself on writing a DA letter, going along with what they want from me. We have most of our family out except my mother-in-law and son. She doesn't shun us, but our son and his wife do so completely. When I saw him at the store last week, he wouldn't even look at me, holding his hand out saying "no Mom, no". We havn't seen him in two years and our granddaughter in three. He has only heard gossip and refuses to give us a hearing ear at all. Hope in time he will see we are still the loving parents that raised him.

Little Bo Peep

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Little Bo Peep if I was you, I wouldn't give my son the time of day, even if he changed his mind later on, he made his bed now let him sleep in it. As I have grown older i have become less and less tolerant of those who wish to ignore me, if my children did, that woud be it for them, never again would I talk with them, or acknowledge them. I would spend sternity giving back what they gave to me. vengence is mine not any one elses. i have two children still in the borg and i have told them, ignore me at your on peril, because when you do that is what you will receive from me and in spades too.

i

• whyizit
    whyizit

With all due respect, I am very fortunate that the Lord does not share the same parenting tactics for His children.

I spent many years ignoring Him and doing things that I know He did not approve of, yet when I, the prodigal child, finally came home, He took me in His arms! He has since then helped me to sort through the ashes to find the beauty. It wasn't for nothing. It all had purpose. AWESOME, He is AWESOME!!

I understand the temptation of giving back what you get, but sometimes you have to practice giving the same grace you have been given, even if it is not from the person you have to extend it to. How else will they find out what it is and what it means? It is difficult. I was always an "eye-for-an-eye" type person before I became a Christian. Old habits die hard.

Looking forward to more responses to my questions. Thanks so much for the ones I have so far! Sorry to hear that time has been missed with your grandchild and son. I will be praying for healing and acceptance in your situation. And freedom for them as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit