JW Change Regarding Father's Day ?

by JW_Researcher 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

My brother, who is an elder, called my father on Father's Day. He has never called him on Father's Day before.

Has there been a change in the JWs attitude toward Father's Day or was it just a coincidence?

• blondie
    blondie

Officially, no...but many JWs bend the "rules" if they can get away with it.

Blondie

• Warlock
    Warlock

No attitude change going on by the Org., but your brother might be beginning to change his attitude towards the Org.

Warlock

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Blondie and Warlock,

I was always the one who ate turkey on Thanksgiving ("it's only a meal"). It is doubtful that my brother is softening but ...not impossible.

I have not spoken with him for 15 years or so ....we all know the drill as to why.

My non-JW siblings report him as being as smug as ever so...who knows.

Thanks for the information.

He may have honestly forgotten it was Father's Day....but I wanted to check with the experts here. :-)

• Warlock
    Warlock

YEAH, THE TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was such a good 'lil dub that I couldn't see how anyone could get away with that.

Eventually, I started to think it wasn't such a big deal if others in the cong. were doing it.

Warlock

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

You know that stupid argument they use against Mothers Day and Fathers day - that you should honour your Mother and Father all year round, not just one day a year? That's easily refuted by their own logic. They honour marriage by allowing celebration of wedding anniversaries, but that doesn't mean that the couples don't honour their marriages the rest of the year. So the Dubs themselves admit you can honour something or someone all the time and yet set aside a special annual day to celebrate that honour.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The above argument also works with Thanksgiving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit