So are they predicting the End AGAIN?

by GramblingMan 12 Replies latest jw friends

• GramblingMan
    GramblingMan

Jehovah's Witnesses busy inviting everyone in region to convention in Tacoma

By JOHN IWASAKI
    P-I REPORTER

An elder from a local congregation, dressed in a coat and tie and bearing religious literature, was headed up the walkway of a Ballard home when a woman sketching on the porch spotted him.

"That's far enough," she called out.

Paul Joseph Brown / P-I
    Jehovah's Witnesses Peter Michas and Chris Mahla invite residents of a North Seattle neighborhood to the faith's upcoming convention at the Tacoma Dome.

Learning that the visitor was a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses, the woman said that a previous visit by group members annoyed her: "I'm a nice person, but they pushed me to the limit."

These face-to-face encounters last week -- some hits, some misses -- marked the beginning of a massive campaign by Jehovah's Witnesses to personally invite Western Washington residents to their upcoming district convention in Tacoma next month.

The group printed enough invitations to hand out at 900,000 homes from Bellingham to Vancouver, bold and ambitious even for a religion known for its persistent door-to-door visits and divergence from certain bedrock Christian beliefs.

Though Jehovah's Witnesses annually hold district conventions around the world that are open to the general public, they usually don't seek attention. This year, that changed.

"Why now? Because we recognize how close it is to the culmination of the entire world system," said Peter Michas, the elder who encountered the Ballard woman last week.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/274437_jehovahswitnesses19.html

• luna2
    luna2

Poor dubs. I mean, they're always touting the END but it seems like an extra push this year. Of course, they know better than to say exactly when they think this is going to occur (except for SOON) so they are better off than in previous times. Its got to be kind of embarrassing to keep proclaiming that the END IS NIGH...and then nothing happens. Again. As usual.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well they were right for one that attended the Kit/Waterloo one.

It came for a man who did have a heart attack & die. They carried him out & continued on with sending the hail-stones.
    I guess they may use the scripture "ten thousand with fall by your side. "(Psalms 91:7)

Well one by one though----Not like Jonestown where you saw them all dead on the floor. Not like Wacco -in the fire!!! Just one here. one there. maybe by lack of blood, or suicide, or not having a organ transplant, ( they already died before Jehovah changed his mind) or like those at Bethel .who are getting the push. No jobs, no referances, no homes What is to become of those poor souls. Oh excuse me I forgot Jah will provide. I know one who was at Bethel he is 72 now has to hold two jobs to help pay for the art of living........

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is probably one final last push while old school are still alive - Jaracz, Barber, Barr .

After this, ther will have to be changes becasue it is only 8 years away from 2014 - this will be phsycologically significant for them

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Why now? Because we recognize how close it is to the culmination of the entire world system," said Peter Michas, the elder who encountered the Ballard woman last week.

Wars, natural disasters and other tumultuous events around the globe indicate that "the kingdom (of God) is like a freight train. It's on its way," he said.

The end is near.This could be the last assembly we have before Armageddon. Quick repent and join up and you too can be saved.

I hate to be a ridiculer with his ridicule but they have been blowing it out of their ASS for over 100 years now. In a 1942 (?) WT article Armageddon was only weeks or months away. The faithful oooed and ahhhed then and I am sure they will again this year.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes there is a big new "..The end is here!"

I was just shunned after 30 years by my own mother because they must be faithful in all things. (Latest visit by the DO) The JW's must not be caught fudging on any rules. The sky is falling! The sky is falling! .....No, the s...is flying!

amy

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

LOL @ Luna2! Too funny, I feel the EXACT same way. BAU.........business as usual.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Chicken Little just crawled out of the Societies ass.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The end is always imminent. Compare this statement about the summer conventions in 1940:

"Dictators and their allied enemies prevent the convention extending to countries outside of America. That is a greater reason why persons of goodwill in America should now assemble together to comfort and edify each other. There may not be many more such conventions before Armageddon. Those who love the Lord will do what they can now to aid others to see and to appreciate the great convention that shall follow Armageddon" (Watchtower, 1 June 1940, p. 172)

At last count there have now been 66 conventions since then.

• Mary
    Mary

Let me rephrase that:

Though Jehovah's Witnesses annually hold district conventions around the world that are open to the general public, they usually don't seek attention. This year, that changed. "Why now? Because our popularity polls are lower than George Dubya's and we'll try anything to up our numbers. we recognize how close it is to the culmination of the entire world system," said Peter Michas, the elder who encountered the Ballard woman last week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit