Would u let ur jw teenager date a non jw teenager?

by Jade221 7 Replies latest social relationships

• Jade221
    Jade221

I am just wondering on where people stand on this topic. Would you let your son or daughter date a non Jehovah witness? I personally think that i would let my teenager.

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Jade!

I don't see any problem with it. Some of the best people I know are non JWs.

Tammy

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My RAW (Raised A Witness) kids dated only worldlings when they hit their late teens. Neither of them has ever dated Witnesses. Too hip for the room, I guess :)

gently feral

• jgnat
    jgnat

Interesting topic, a friend of mine watched over a long-standing romance between a Circuit Overseer's son and her daughter (Anglican). The boy claimed none of the girls in the hall were good enough because they were too loose.

My friend did not forbid the romance, but taught her daughter to pause, evaluate, and make sure that she was being treated with fairness and respect. The girl eventually broke it off. She is now dating a fine Jewish boy who buys her gifts on holidays.

The Circuit Overseer and his wife were initially embarrassed but reconciled themselves after a couple years, due to the high moral standards of this Anglican family. I'm sure they didn't mention it too often at the assemblies, though.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I'm not a JW and my non-JW son is in his 30s, but I would never have allowed my teenage child date a JW teenager. To understand my reasons, read some of the other threads here. Read them carefully.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Of course I would! Dating is a great way of figuring out what you want and don't want in a future marriage mate. The JWs seemed to have messed that one up. If you've ever been a JW, you'll notice how a lot of them get married around age 20, and it's to the first person that they've ever dated. JWs aren't allowed to let their sexuality flow by means of dating, premarital sex, or even masturbation.

However, this intelligent reasoning is what got me out of the JW religion. Remaining dateless until I was in my 20s made no sense.

• Keeli
    Keeli

Oh my I certainly would. Why limit a teens options to the handful of low wage earners available at the hall.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I can't answer for letting my JW teenager date a nonJW teenager, since I don't have any JW children.
    I can tell you that I've told my nonJW adult son I could accept any decision he makes in his life except one--if he were to marry a JW, he would break my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit