"No need for advanced education"...

by Hecklerboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

They just had the convetion here in West Virginia and it seemed like every evening they were interviewing the witnesses on the news. What really blew my mind is that on the last day they interviewed a brother that said that "there was no need for advanced education since the end was so near".

I was really suprised they made this statement on camera. I know they've been cracking down on a college education lately, but this is the first time I ever heard them say it on the local news.

BTW: My wife isn't very popular with my JW family since she is working on her Master's degree in Nursing. Going to be a Family Nurse Practitioner.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This is really embarassing to read - for family reasons I keep going to meetings, but reading this is awful.

In the words of Habakkuk, "Oh, Jehovah, how much longer?"

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have been saying that for a very long time now and they damaged through it the life prospects of many intelligent members that were capable of obtaining university degrees, they have quite a cheek to carry on pursuing the same policy. To them the end has been near for about 100 years now.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Many of us heeded that advice 30 years ago. Coming up to retirement now with no pensions or history of well paying employment.

• sir82
    sir82
    they interviewed a brother that said that "there was no need for advanced education since the end was so near".

Stuff like that is embarrassing for the Bethel brass. It was exactly for stuff like this that the letter to the BOEs came out 4 or 5 years ago, telling JWs that they shouldn't answer requests for information from academics, reporters, etc. The JW beliefs are quite loony from the standpoint of "worldly" folks, and the Bethel folks prefer to put their own spin on it to make it look a little less nutty. JR Brown is the expert at this.

It's perfectly fine to talk about love, unity, family, etc., but saying things like "the world is ending soon" or "all governments are controlled by Satan" or "world empire of false religion" outside of a Kingdom Hall, where normal people might hear, is severely frowned upon.

I would not be surprised if this brother gets a phone call from his CO, calling him on the carpet for this indiscretion.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The have to shame in saying it because they still believe it. I can hear the excuses allready: "Those where differant times brother, don't worry about it".

• LDH
    LDH

He needs to have his thinking re-adjusted. Those are the types of things that are only for the ears of fellow JWs.

• Free
    Free

I never agreed with that one, they say that so you have nothing other than them to dedicate yourself to. No participating in sports, No worldly music, Not to much internet or TV and no worldly friends. While all along that's what everybody was doing and I could never understand why when they discouraged it. There is just so much F'ed up teachings and bullshit opinions that make the monster keep rolling. They are just boring people who have these crappie gatherings, put on a happy face but inside are just miserable and weak, never speaking on their own but like a parrat repeating shit they have heard and having little proof of ,only to try and be stern when they have no answer. That they know , That's how they teach and that I was. They don't want advanced education because they want their young followers to become twisted in life and feel they need to stick to the organization, that's no secret.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit