Apostate VS Romans 8:31

by rassillon 2 Replies latest jw friends

• rassillon
    rassillon

How is it that you have to worry about talking to apostates if you have Jehovah and truth on your side?

This really does make me think......and I think this will be one of my opening scriptures when I finally start asking questions overtly.

-r

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Provocative post my comments The Bogeyman every high control group needs a scapegoat even in military boot camp basic training you are drilled against the 'enemy'

• aniron
    aniron

What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? Rom 8:31

I had similar thoughts. Used to puzzle me that the WT was always tellings us everyone is against us. Yet scriptures like the above where saying don't worry Gods on your side.

Similarly when going on about demons. How this that and the other was "possessed" by demons. So much for the protective power of being in "Jehovahs organisation" if some object purchased in a second-hand, could cause havoc in a JW's life.

JW's run a mile when confronted by my Christian friends. Yet my Christian friends take on the JW's, saying "We have Christ in our lives we're not afraid of them"

If you have the truth then you shouldn't be afraid.

Its almost as if the Watchtower is saying "We are Gods only true organisation on earth" but don't shout about it to much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit