We met with J.R. Brown and Spivey- My impression

by ronin1 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• ronin1
    ronin1

My husband and I have been the recipients of elder shepherding calls. They are BS.

Some elders came into our home one night requesting a meeting with us because they wanted to ask us questions about one of my brothers, who was an elder, but got deleted because he stood up for what was right and denounced the wrong things the elders were doing.

My response to them was not to come into our home and ask us questions. He was not even in our congregation. Therefore, I instructed them to ask the elders in his congregation questions and do not bring their nonsense to us in our home or local our congregation.

Also, they tried to tell me and my husband we should not support my brother in his thinking, actions, etc. (This was because I, one of our other sisters (there are five girls and three boys in my family) , my sister-in-law (his wife), and another brother accompanied my brother /elder to Bethel and we had a up-front and in-person meeting with the so-called great J.R. Brown,Spivey, and some other goony brother at Bethel because of the problems my brother/elder was experiencing in his congregation.) I promptly told these elders making this shepherding call I will support my brother if I want and whatever he decides to do with his life as far as the JW orgranization is concerned, is alright with me.

Then they tried to insinuate and instigate that my attitude towards helping my brother was putting a strain on our marriage, since my husband really did not indicate any support or non-support as respects my brother and his actions. My husband and I were appalled and advised that there was no strain on our marriage. We advised them that as a married couple, we respect each other views when it comes to the organization whether or not we agreed. And neither of us put pressure on the other to conform or believe what our conciences did not dictate.

I quoted them some scriptures which they really could not respond to.We never heard from them again as respects this subject.

Just a note: So my husband let me rant and rave any time I was up-set with the organization and if I wanted to support my brother, he never stood in the way. On the other hand, I never tried to pressure him to believe what I believed. I knew that time, experience, and patience would let him see the 'light' for himself. And later in years other experiences proved just that. Today, we have basically 'faded' and feel very good about our actions and non-involvement with the JW organization.

My point- the JW shepherding calls are really 'lynch mob' inquisitions to get you to either pledge your full allegience to the organzation ( not Jehovah God, or Almighty God, or Jesus Christ) or to get out of the organization either by DF or DA.

This is clearly a 'cult' and only those who will abide by the 'cult's bylaws, rules, and regulations will be treated with false love and kindness.

P.S.- Just a note about our meeting with J.R. Brown- I will put myself on the line and say that I am sure he is one of the 'evil slave class' and clearly demonic. You only have to be in his presence to know that in no way is God's holy spirit with this man or many in Bethel. He left us with an unholy bad demonic feeling when we left. It was almost like the demons were peering right through us. Do not be misled. I also spoke on the phone one evening with Theodore Jaracz about my brother/elder's problem and wanted him intercede. His response to me on the phone was that the Governing Body does not get involved with the domestic congregational problems because they are too busy traveling and taking care of the JW's internationally. He advised that is why they have the Service Committee and Writing Committee that handles the domestic congregational problems. He would not help me or my brother. (When did Christ not help his followers? Clearly those on top-GB members are demonic and not from Almighty God).

Ronin1

• desertlily
    desertlily

Good Morning Everybody:

Just a reminder that we're not alone in this war, so hang in there by leaning heavily on Jah, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and pray incessantly!

Much Christian Love to All to Endure

sis

1 Peter 5:8-11

8 Keep YOUR senses, be watchful. Y OUR adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour [someone]. 9 But take YOUR stand against him, solid in the faith, knowing that the same things in the way of sufferings are being accomplished in the entire association of YOUR brothers in the world. 10 But, after YOU have suffered a little while, the God of all undeserved kindness, who called YOU to his everlasting glory in union with Christ, will himself finish YOUR training, he will make YOU firm, he will make YOU strong. 11 To him be the might forever. Amen.

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/index.php

• Mary
    Mary
    I quoted them some scriptures which they really could not respond to.We never heard from them again as respects this subject.

Yes roni, that's usually what happens when you show them from the scriptures that they're not following was it says. Seeing as they can't tell you that the bible is "worldly", they will generally just avoid the subject. This happened to a friend of mine when her daughter was considering getting baptized a few years ago. She didn't get her hours in Service for a couple of months because she had pneumonia (not a good enough excuse in their feeble minds), so they paid her a little visit, not to see how she was doing but to tell her she couldn't get baptized because of her lousy hours. My girlfriend ripped into them and showed them that nowhere in the bible did it say that you had to get a certain number of hours in service, or to answer a hundred questions in order to be approved and she gave them the example of the Ethiopian Eunuch......the elder was pissed off but couldn't think of anything to say so they left and never came back.

P.S.- Just a note about our meeting with J.R. Brown- I will put myself on the line and say that I am sure he is one of the 'evil slave class' and clearly demonic. You only have to be in his presence to know that in no way is God's holy spirit with this man or many in Bethel. He left us with an unholy bad demonic feeling when we left. It was almost like the demons were peering right through us.Clearly those on top-GB members are demonic and not from Almighty God).

I believe it......while I believe there are probably some decent people at Bethel, and maybe even on the Governing Body, some of these guys are just pure evil and it sounds like J.R. Brown and Ted Jeracz are leaders of the pack......I hope there's a special place in Hell for these guys.........thanks for sharing your experience.

• LDH
    LDH
    Then they tried to insinuate and instigate that my attitude towards helping my brother was putting a strain on our marriage, since my husband really did not indicate any support or non-support as respects my brother and his actions. My husband and I were appalled and advised that there was no strain on our marriage. We advised them that as a married couple, we respect each other views when it comes to the organization whether or not we agreed. And neither of us put pressure on the other to conform or believe what our conciences did not dictate.

How forward to assume you had a 'strain' on your marriage.

......I hope there's a special place in Hell for these guys

I beleive there is, it's a little place I like to call the Press Room of Secular Humanist Magazine, LOL.

http://www.secularhumanism.org

Lisa

• ronin1
    ronin1

Yes, they felt that if they could intimidate me by insinutating that there was a strain in our marriage because of my stand, that I would acquiese and not support my brother.

Little did they know that I cannot be intimidated by mere mortals......................especially the kind that lie and say they are from God who twist the interpretation and meaning of the scriptures to oppress members.

My husband and I just laughed at them when they left..................what a bunch of crock.................

Spiritually speaking............many elders do not have a spiritual pot to piss in.............................

They are so desperate for the members of the borg to obey them fully, that they will try anything.

I said to one Bethelite elder at the KH when he was trying to see where I stood as respects my attitude toward the organization: "can you raise me from the dead, give me everlasting life, take away my sickness, or guarantee my entry into Paradise? He said of course not. Then I said to him- then I only have to obey Jehovah God and Jesus Christ."

Then I mentioned the Bible account of Korah, Dathan,and Abiram.................and reminded him how Korah's sons stood apart from their fathers' actions to let Jehovah God know where they stood. I shocked him when I stated that I have already let Jehovah know where I stand and its not with the organization if they are doing wrong. I said because I am not going down with the Organization.

He just looked at me and laughed nervously.............. he had no answer.

Ronin1

• muslima
    muslima

Wow ronin1 - you are tough! go girl!! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit