Does a leader with followers who would die to follow him..need law enforcem

by Judas I. 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

ent?

How does a person aquire this kind of power? Can it accomplished through tyranny or law enforcement?

Does the leader have to be ready willing and able to do the same for the people following if nessesary?

What role would law enforcement play in this scnerio?

Any thoughts?

• blondie
  • free2beme
    free2beme

Everyone has a weakness and if someone feels that weakness with strength, then they are their leader (crazy or sane) and that small group of people is confusing to all those who do not have the same need.

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

Would Jesus need law enforcement for obedience?

• blondie
    blondie

What??????????

Jesus, the second most powerful personage in the universe, need law enforcement? (at least that is what the Bible says, or the most powerful depending on your doctrinal view)

Anyway, if you have to force people to obey you, rather than out of love and good sense, you have lost the battle and the war.

We have laws of conduct in the world we live in; not all of these have laws to go with them; nor is it possible to "enforce" all those laws. Many are self-enforced because we see the good from doing so, good for ourselves and others.

I heard this from a cop once:

1/3 of the people will always follow the law even if they never were to get caught

1/3 of the people will follow the law if they think they might get caught.

1/3 of the people will never follow the law even if they know they will get caught.

He said his job was to deal with the 1/3 who will follow the law if they might get caught. The other 2 groups will not be affected one way or the other by the existence of law enforcement.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit