Jesus+ Ministers+Heaven

by RevFrank 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

I had a friend call me the other day(Monday). He asked me if jws feel they are ministers. I said, yes. Then he told me to go to John 12:26,(NWTHS)..it reads....," If anyone minister to Me, let him follow Me, and where I am there will be my ministery also. If anyone would minister to Me, the Father will honor him."

So I said, most JWs I know are ministers and what does that mean? He said Jesus is in heaven, right? I agreed. Then he remined me that ministers will be with Jesus in heaven, as the scripture stated.

HE was right, yet the watchtower teach that the JWs will live on earth. Where Jesus is so will His ministers, also.

• Warlock
    Warlock

So then, if I understand your point correctly, if you want to minister with/to Jesus now, you would have to die or commit suicide?

Warlock

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Warlock.....get on topic :-)

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Warning: the following information is for bible believers only. All others, please stop reading so we do not get into a debate on this issue and steal this thread away from Rev.Frank.

Hi RevFrank,

I can see the point. The JWs are wrong in thinking there are two classes of Christians. That is where the problem starts. All those who are ministers of Christ, are rewarded with the heavenly life in the future.

That is the hope of all Christians, the bible says there is one hope (heavenly), one faith, one baptism.

The belief that there is a ruling class over the rest of Christians on earth is something thought up by Rutherford and taught today as fact but is not based on the bible. He wanted complete control over all God's people and this teaching of his that not all Christians go to heaven is a figment of his imagination and a twisting of scripture. How convenient that he inserts himself into the so called ruling class part of the kingdom.

As we know the number 144,000 is in a highly symbolic book and is not a real number. You can point out to your Witness friends that nowhere is it said that the 144,000 sit on thrones, or rule and judge. (I believe they will be part of that goup) but Reve. 5 shows that Jesus bought from earth a large crowd of people from all nations, tribes and peoples and tonugue and made THEM to be a priests to God and serve in the heavenly temple of God. If you compare the vision of God on his heavenly throne and what surrounds it in Reve. 4, you will see it matches the description of Reve. 5, thus showing this large crowd is in heaven, not on earth.

Also they say that the bible says that the ones in heaven are a "little flock" only. But it is easy to see their error. Nowhere in the bible does it link the 144,000 to the term "little flock" When Jesus says "have no fear little flock, my fathers approves of giving you the kingdom", he was talking to the natural Jewish believers of his. Not all Christians. The natural Jews were a little flock as most of them were not belivers in Christ. Jesus was simply telling the ones who did believe "do not worry that you are a small group of believers only from the Jewish nation, as my father will give you the kingdom".

But they will be given it in addition to the others invited. They were only the first invited.

He then says "I have other sheep not of this fold (not natural Jews) and these I must also bring in" - Jesus did not say who the other sheep are at this time. But remember that his ministry while he was alive was directed only to the natural Isrealites. He stated himself several times "I came for the lost sheep of Israel only", that is because that nation had the first invitation to the kingdom. Now, later upon Jesus resurrection, he clarifies this point with the disciples;

"go now and baptize people of all the nations" - this is now the invitation to the gentiles to be invited into the kingdom of God, these are the other sheep.

what did Jesus next say about the "little flock" and "other sheep?" - they will become one flock.

If they are to become one flock - they will be in the same pen. That pen is in heaven.

Although I believe that those who have the heavenly calling with eventually riegn on earth with Christ in his kingdom and restore all the earth to the way God intended it to be - at this time there is no other hope held out for christians except for the one to invite them to become co heirs in the kingdom. No one is being invited to live on the earth in a paradise and this is not even an option on the table right now. This time called the "gospel age" in the bible is for the gathering of Christ's church (or true believers) only. No one else is being dealt with.

So again, your friend is correct, all Ministers of Christ will be one day where he is, heaven.

Since the JWs do not profess this hope and do not partake at the memorial, they are showing they are not really in Christ's church, so they are not true ministers of his. But, that is another topic.

If you would like to know more about why I stating anything here, feel free to pm me. Lilly

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Lovelylilly....you are so right on the point..I may, at time, don't quite relay clearly what I'm trying to get across. I have no problem explaining to scholars. And I can only pray there are more folks out there like you who can clearly see it.

The Bible is quite easy to understand, providing the Holy Spirit guide one along the way. And for sure, anyone who truily desires to seek God, God Himself will make sure the Holy Spirit guides them along the way.

In Christ......

PEACE BE WITH YOU

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Peace with you too Rev. Frank!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit