military service

by darth frosty 3 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was just reading nathan natas post about one good man and a knife. I got to thinking, If it weren't for the WT$ teaching against the military, would any of you have gone into the service and if so what branch.

For me I think maybe the Air Force.

• blondie
    blondie

I can see people joining the military as long as they remember that part of the agreement is accepting the possibility of killing others or being killed themselves. Military service is not primarily a college or employment plan. The time to examine your feelings on this is before you find yourself in the kill or be killed situation. That is why recruiters are starting to find it harder to find people, because there are several active, public war arenas going on where soldiers (and civilians) are dying. I have had 2 people in my small town die in the last year. Every time the state loses a man or woman, a story of their life runs, about their parents, their spouse, their children.

Blondie (military brat)

• greendawn
    greendawn

I would never do it out of loathing the intense physical exercises involved in being a soldier, I am too lazy for that.

• kwr
    kwr

I actually served in the US Army in the 1980's when I was a Evangelical Christian. I can honestly say I hated every day in the Army and it was a common feeling among my fellow soldiers. Officers treated enlisted as stupid chattel. God does not want his followers to join an Armed Force to kill innocent people. You can not serve God while engaged in a war. If Jesus wanted to do something about a situation then he would send a legion of Angels to handle the situation. We must be witnesses for God and explain his plan to the world, not soldiers calling in air strikes and artillery barrages on women and children in a village or city. IMHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit