...and if you've never eaten

by merfi 7 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

"natural" peanut butter -- DON'T!!! It has got to be the most foulest tasting crap ever made.

So much for THAT healthy idea. *wiping tongue* Blech.

Heading back to the cupboard for my Jif -- full of who-knows-what, lotsa fat and thank goodness -- FLAVOR.

~merfi

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I tried to switch to natural peanut butter a few times. The stuff is obscene. I thought I'd have to gargle with varsol to get it all out of my mouth and throat.

I usually eat Kraft or Skippy.

W

• damselfly
    damselfly

OMG! What are you two talking about?!
    I only eat the "natural" just peanut, peanut butter. Sooooooo yummy. I'll eat it straight from the jar on a spon or dip carrots in it. *drools*
    I can;t stand the Kraft/Skippy/Jiff stuff Blech

Dams

• zeroday
    zeroday

My father use to by the all natural peanut butter, you know with the 2 inches of oil on the top you had to stir the entire bottle to make it look like peanut butter but it did taste good....

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

Skippy makes natural peanut butter that doesn't separate, and it still doesn't contain those hydrogenated fats that can literally kill you (I learned WAYYYY too much about it in my Chem class last year). Normally I'm a laidback mom, but what I learned scared the crap out of me. I've cut all trans fat out of their diet. They never even noticed. Better living through food chemistry? Not in this case.

I wonder if Jif is going to change its slogan from "Choosy Moms Choose Jif" or come up with a natural peanut butter themselves.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I store my jar in the fridge and turn it (the jar) after I use it so the oil gets distributed. Peanut butter cookies made with this are so yummy.

Dams

• bebu
    bebu

Forget peanut butter... I have a jar of all-natural almond butter that I don't know what to do with. I LOVE almonds but this stuff is so..... boring!!!! Talk about disappointment.

I've googled to find a recipe in which to use it, but nothing very good comes up.

bebu

• luna2
    luna2

bebu, maybe you could get Dam's peanut butter cookie recipe and use your almond butter instead.

Haven't bought any peanut butter in years. I too remember the natural stuff that you had to stir the oil back into. Not so yum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit