Is it My Imagination ?

by LoverOfTruth 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Is is my imagination so many young JWs are dropping dead and no autopsies are done? Last year a young man in his late 30s, perhaps early 40s died. Another ex-JW and I went to the Viewing to give our condolences to the family. David's Mother spoke to us. She said she believed it was his heart because she had had a heart attack the previous year. (Now she's in her 70s) No Autopsy so how could anyone be certain. I would want to know if it were my son. I heard David wasn't an Active JW, but he wasn't disfellowshipped either. Only the Mother and his sibllings spoke with us; the others glared. At least they know we cared.

I just received word that a JW, Mike Price died on May 26th. Supposedly he dropped dead. They "Think" the "Medicine" he was taking caused the problem. (No Autopsy?) I Remember Mike as being an Independent Thinker. He was disfellowshipped for a while but eventually went back because his entire family (except his Dad) were in the Borg . He was expecially proud of his younger brother Marlon who actually went to college while in the JWs. I really loved his spunk. I haven't seen him in over 12 years.

These two guys are both from Columbus Ohio. Now I'm wondering how common is this? Why aren't Autopsies Done? Do the Authorites just take the family's word that it's "Probably" the Heart?

I'm having a really tough time with Mike's death.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

He was "Especially" proud of his younger brother Marlon who actually went to college while in the JWs. I really loved his spunk.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I know for a fact that many JWs think it is wrong to "defile" a body because it is "god's temple".

When my cousin died in a terrible car accident his dad (an elder) decided it would be best to cremate his body. During the Funeral Talk (not really a funeral service) the speaker spent about 10 minutes explaining to all of the JWs there that cremation was ok. The reason they had to give this explanation was because so many of the JWs had been asking questions about why his father "Defiled god's temple" like that.

Perhaps this is why they they are reluctant to perform an autopsy... they don't want to "defile god's temple". Of course this brings up all sorts of questions about surgery and other such things.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

LoverOfTruth,

For Ohio Law, check this out: http://www.hamilton-co.org/Coroner/OHIO%20REVISED%20CODE.htm

(QUOTE)

B. Objection to Performance of Autopsy

O.R.C. Section 313.13(c)

Religious objections to the performance of an autopsy are allowed under Ohio law.

A relative or friend of the deceased may inform the coroner that an autopsy is contrary to the religious beliefs of the deceased. The coroner may contest the objection when the autopsy is a compelling public necessity.

(/QUOTE)

steve

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I'm sorry this has happened and is upsetting for you. It'll be interesting to see if other posters can tell us if this is happening in their area, too. I'm guessing, they're not all that interested in why someone died because Armageddon's coming any second anyway, and they'll be assured of a resurrection. So, they may actually see it as a positive thing. Twisted, isn't it?

Take care.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

It does seem strange. The doctor who signs teh death certificate has to give a cause for death before they can be buried. And if there is any doubt or suspicion then they have the right to insist upon an autopsy. At least that is my understanding.

(I really loved his spunk.

I had to do a double take at that! It must be the UK/US language difference!

• FairMind
    FairMind

You don't think the WTS had anything to do with these deaths do you and then influenced the coroners to cover them up?

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

It's been a tough day. Still hard to imagine he is not here. Strange thing is, He's been in my thoughts recently; that makes it even more difficult. I have another JW friend I haven't seen in many years. This situation makes me see the importance of making contact soon. I will most likely write a letter to her. She was special to me too.

I really don't know if the WT had anything to do with Mike's death.(Boy that seems strange to say "Death!") I know he didn't embrace the religion as so many others do. He was extremely intelligent and thought independently. (At least that's how he was when I last saw him)

By the way, "Spunk" simply means Zest or Impishness. He was like ex-JWs here on the forum. I'm amazed he was able to go back to the JW life. I doubt it was wholehearted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit