Prince: Bad association spoils useful habits?

by sixsixsixtynine 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Prince Turns Simon Cowell Purple With Rage 05/31/2006 2:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
    Lyndsey Parker Simon Cowell is used to criticizing others. And now he stopped attacking tone-deaf American Idol contestants and has focused his disapproval on Prince, one of the surprise special guests on last week's Idol finale.

The acid-tongued A.I. judge is reportedly angered by Prince's refusal to meet or sing with the Idol contestants or greet the audience, unlike other performers on the show. Instead, Prince simply sang two consecutive songs with his own backup girls, then immediately left the Kodak Theater venue.

Idol host Ryan Seacrest later admitted to the press that he had worried Prince would not show up at all, because he did not arrive at the Kodak Theater until a mere few minutes before he was set to perform.

Said Cowell in a characteristically sarcastic statement, "It just tells you how selfish [Prince] is. He comes on, not a word--'I'm not gonna sing with anybody else, I'm not gonna say goodbye.' Thank you for your generosity, Prince."

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/32831403

• Highlander
    Highlander

So Prince didn't leave any WT's and Asleeps with Simon prior to his exit?

The SHAME!!!!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Prince's refusal to meet or sing with the Idol contestants or greet the audience, unlike other performers on the show. Instead, Prince simply sang two consecutive songs with his own backup girls, then immediately left the Kodak Theater venue.

What an arrogant piece of s___! I suppose he and the Dubs suit each other, in that respect...

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Why pick on the bro? He did the right thing, showed up gave his best 'as to Jehovah'.

It's all about respect ini't?

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I personally thought it was really cool.

Unlike many of the washed up celebrities (aka Meatloaf) that showed up and REALLY NEEDED this live TV performance - Prince didn't need it.

To me he epitomizes a true superstar and that arrogance is part of what makes him Prince. He spent most of his career exposing a corrupt record industry - so the last thing he is gonna do is sit there and kiss Ryan Seacrest's ass, or even Simon's. I mean Simon and some of the other record label owners there represent some of the worst cheese on radio today.

And the way Prince sauntered off the stage, with swagger, was cool IMO.

For the record:
    No, I am not a Prince Fan Club member. I don't even own any of his albums.
    No, I don't post on any Prince messageboards.

I just appreciate his career, songwriting ability and musicianship.

Now if we could just get him out of this kooky cult ...

-ithinkisee

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    It's all about respect ini't?

For realz. Big-up yo'self Prince!

BOO-YA-KASHA!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Whether it's a dub reason or not, he doesn't need to be around anyone. None of them have enough talent to be the next Prince anyway.

I wish I saw his performance. I would've watched idol if I knew he'd be on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit