Overheard at a private gathering of Witnesses

by under_believer 7 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Menopausal Female, regarding another JW female with profound mental problems that cause her to miss all the meetings and also be very unpleasant to be around: "She doesn't go to the meetings. She's like a worldly person. She IS a worldly person. Why would we spend time with her? She's not the kind of Christian association that we would want."

Me: Well, since JW's current blessings consist of a "spiritual paradise," and part of that "paradise" is the "Christian association" we get, I guess this is what they were talking about in the "Hands" Watchtower Study when they said "Yet, you can be certain that God's continued blessing depends on our doing the work at the spiritual temple in the way that Jehovah wants it done."

Sorry, no amusing, biting commentary this time. Just sincerely appalled about this one. Seriously, she's abandoned because she's a very difficult person, but they are using her "spiritual standing" as an excuse to avoid her, as justification for shunning her.

• calico
    calico

Conditional love at it's finest!

• oldflame
    oldflame

JW's are famous for judging others, for a group of people who claim they have a accurate knowledge of the bible they sure do commit many sins and yet claim it is okay for them to do it but not hte other people in the world. They make me very sick to my stomach.

• nelly136
    nelly136

nothings changed then, can remember the whispered invites to things and the 'dont let so and so know' theyre not worthy. cliques deciding who was favoured enough to be included. it was one of the things i found most abhorrent.

• luna2
    luna2

People have a natural tendancy towards this sort of thing anyway and the WTS plays on that tendancy and makes it worse. They tell you constantly to be keeping an eye on other people's behavior so you can judge whether you should be associating with them or not. Real spiritual organization that urges its members to treat each other that way. Nice example of that agape love thing.

• zagor
    zagor

Isn't that just like Jesus described in good Samaritan story, feel the love of "real" christians

• serendipity
    serendipity

That's an unkind statement that shows ignorance of the impact of mental problems on a person.

• sf
    sf

This is indeed how a Truly Devoted Jehovah's Witness feels and thinks.

THEN they come knocking on these worldly peoples doors acting as if. LOL

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit