Need to vent...Karma kicks me in the .....

by HockeyMullet 2 Replies latest social physical

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

So my Saturday starts out great. I go spar at my boxing gym, and have a ground breaking day. I face a "the" guy that everyone is talking about being a great amateur and has all the tools to be a good pro boxer. We start fast and right from the start we start slugging. The 3 minute round seemed to have lasted seconds. The owner of the gyn took notice and I finally solidified an actual fight in the next few months because of this. And now karma has to come in to kick my ass.

After driving home full of piss and vinegar, I take my 12 year old daughter to the soccer field to make up for the last practice that she missed. My father and little brother came with to play a little 2 on 2 soccer marathon. We start. My 55 year old father and I on one side, and my 14 year old brother and daughter on the other side. The younger two take the first game of first up to five. Then we take the 2nd. They take the 3rd. And we tie it at two each with a heroic kick from my dad. It's about 91 degrees out and we start the tie breaker. My daughter scored the first 4 goals and from there my father and I made a comback that would rival any sports story ever recorded. US Olympic Hockey who? Villanova basketball who? Little did I remember that this same event happened 20 years ago.

We scored a fast 4 goals, and on the last possesion my baby girl took the ball to the right and in the full fashion of an aging 36 year old jock, I tried to steal the ball, only to lose my footing. The next thing I know is I'm feeling a "pop" in my ankle and a following sharp pain that I've never felt before. As I drag myself to my car, and I'm reminded that almost exatly 20 years ago, my father and me were playing 1 on 1 basketball, and I caused the same exact injury to him.

So here I sit with my foot in a bucket of ice and water.

We then lost as I pulled my broken body to my car. My old man was left to fend off the attack of two smart ass teens.

I am shamed.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Hockeymullet,

I hope your ankle is better today. And if the two teens are still gloating, use your good foot to give them each a swift kick in the butts. Just cuz the old man is down doesn't mean he's out.

• luna2
    luna2

Dang, sounds painful! A bad end to an otherwise great day. Hope that heals up quick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit