JWs and Small Business Outsourcing

by Stephanus 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I was struck by a thought last night: if you had a small business and needed window or other cleaning service, instead of looking up the appropriate section of the Yellow pages, you could just call the local Kingdom Hall and ask for recommendations for someone to do the job.

What other services could you ask about, while you're still on the phone?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Some people might say that the JWs are more honest and therefore would be desirable for any post they are capable of. At least that's how they boast "we as a society keep up to higher standards".

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I wouldn't trust a Dub as an employee (well, actually, there is one bloke I'd trust; but he's the rare exception) as far as I could comfortably spit out a rat, but I imagine the ones contracting their services would be more reliable, providing you don't want them around meeting/field service times.

So, apart from window washing and general cleaning, what other outsourced services would you think a Dub elder could provide a member of his cong. to do?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    So, apart from window washing and general cleaning, what other outsourced services would you think a Dub elder could provide a member of his cong. to do?

Conducting "Book Bible Studies"?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Conducting "Book Bible Studies"?

I never contract my Bible studying out.

C'mon people, we make jokes about this stuff all the time!

How about: handing out cheese and crackers to clients?

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Auto trim and detailing. Anyone else remember the TrimLine days of the 80's?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Cleaning products from Amway

• lilybird
    lilybird
    Cleaning products from Amway

there was a Witness couple who started selling that and they tricked other witless couples into coming over to their house for a presentation by inviting them over for an evening supposedly of " good fellowship".. Dub couples started getting really upset by this.. so they eventually stopped.. or maybe some elder made them stop..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit