Evidence of Rutherford's legal training, "to wit"

by VM44 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

What evidence is there of Rutherford's legal training?

Answer: Rutherford used throughout his life the words "to wit" in his talks, speeches, and Watchtower articles!

I do not know of anyone else who used those words to that extent

Actually, one does not hear top notch lawyers using "to wit" in their ordinary speech at all....perhaps this indicates that Rutherford was really a "nit wit".

Actually, what does "to wit" mean?

--VM44

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

VM,

that was funny! nitwit, haha. Thanks for making me laugh.

• mckay
    mckay

VM44: "Actually, what does "to wit" mean?"

I was curious about that so looked in the dictionary.

To wit: to know, that is to say.

mckay

• loosie
    loosie

To wit

prep. that is to say. Example: "the passengers in the vehicle, to wit: Arlene Jones, Betty Bumgartner and Sherry Younger."

• greendawn
    greendawn

He was not a dim wit when it came to manipulating the JW masses and grabbing Russell's corporation, but he was a dim wit when it came to producing doctrine. How could after all a lawyer become a religious teacher and doctrine maker. That is obviously asburd and it showed in that most of his writings were rejected by the JWs themselves.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

to wit... to wit... to wit...

That's odd... I hear a bird brain.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Not tweet, tweet, tweet, Elsewhere. Rather, twit, twit, twit,

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    He was not a dim wit when it came to manipulating the JW masses and grabbing Russell's corporation, but he was a dim wit when it came to producing doctrine. How could after all a lawyer become a religious teacher and doctrine maker.

Actually, that scenario has previous form. Father of modern evangelistic methods, Charles Finney, was a lawyer before his conversion. He made persuasive altar calls, but his doctrine and theology "sucked balls"!

Interestingly, he roamed areas of the North-Eastern USA now associated with the Dubs.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I hereby affirm and do submit that the aforementioned Joseph Franklin Rutherford, to wit, da judge, to wit der fuhrer, be hereby and from henceforth known as the Nitwit, to wit, The Twit

To wit,

Signed and authenticated this day by

Me

Cheers

• free2beme
    free2beme

Doesn't it mean "to Witness?" Also, did he have an accent? I have a friend from New Jersey that often speaks in a way that some words seem shortened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit