Waffles

by Why Georgia 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Well my husband seems to be loosening up a bit. Last night we were watching Good Eats on the food channel. The show was about Waffles. A little history...Waffles were invented by Catholic Monks because communion wafers were one of the few things the people could eat during fasting. The waffle is just a bigger communion wafer. My hubby and I were watching...and he said : I wonder how that got past the Witnesses? Maybe I will write a letter to the society asking why we can eat waffles but not eat hot cross buns, candy canes, halloween candy. I told him to shut up his question would probably end up in the Questions of the Month section and we both started howling with laughter. It's nice to see he's finally getting a sense of humor about the Society Best Regards, Chrystal

• damselfly
    damselfly

LOL ~ that's funny. Glad he can joke about stuff like that with you.

Dams

• luna2
    luna2

YAY! Finding the ridiculous in the WTS bull is a very good thing.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

It is very nice to see him loosening up a bit. For years he could bash every religion but his own....now at least its equal!

Chrystal

• damselfly
    damselfly

Waffles; Are they Truly for Jehovah's Righteous People? Waffles; The Demons at your Breakfast Table. Waffles + Syrup = End of All Days Dear Gb, My husband insists I make him waffles every morning. Is this grounds for a scriptual divorce? Sincerly, JDub

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is strange how they failed to see it and now the demons may take advantage of this still open door. For the JWs anything remotely connected with supposedly false religions is satanic and extremely dangerous.

But you had a good laugh.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Sorry for the formatting before and I guess I can't edit this browser *sigh*

Waffles; The Demons at your Breakfast Table.

Waffles + Syrup = End of All Days

Dear Gb, My husband insists I make him waffles every morning.
    Is this grounds for a scriptual divorce?
    Sincerly, JDub

Dams

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

It would be funny if we could somehow influence the magazines...LOL!

What if there was a mass letter writing campaign about Waffles, using the names of the pious dubs and dubbettes in our old congregations.

I am sure Jehovahs faithful and discreet slave would see what a serious matter this is!

Chrystal

• luna2
    luna2

I wonder if pancakes have any unsavory, pagan or "Christiandom-ish" connotations....We might get a whole host of popular breakfast foods banned by the Tower. lol Poor dubs will be reduced to a handful of nuts and a cup of hot water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit