When reading aloud to cong, did you ever think...........

by jambon1 5 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

..............what a load of crap!

Or perhaps what you read angered you as you were sitting there! Yes, as you were sitting right in front of the congregation!!

Perhaps it made you laugh aloud uncontrollably.

Did it make you cry?

Did it make you think - 'this really might be the truth after all'

Did it make you think - 'I`ve got to get out of here now, this is a load of crap'

Personally, I read aloud the KM article on d/f in 2002 KM. I still wonder how I did it. As I was sitting there on the platform looking at my beutiful daughter I thought; I could NEVER treat her this way if she was d/f`d!

It was a defining moment which confirmed to me something was very, veryy wrong. Yet, it took me another 4 years to make the break. I`m ashamed I even read aloud such hateful, bigoted, pious shit!

Anyone else?..................

• Honesty
    Honesty

I swallowed the garbage like it was a meal fit for royalty when I read the WT's BS.

It was only after I started fading did I really read WT publications and saw them for exactly the blasphemous propaganda they are.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Oh ya - I was the Botchtower reader one Sunday.

The paragraph talked about a scripture that shows "Jehovah would rock the nations and all the desirable things of all the nations would come in and fill gods house with glory" and how that was happening in our day.

As I was reading that - I thought, man if these people are the "desirable things" - I can't even imagine what the un-desirable things are.

Give me a break.... I was barely able to finish the paragraph.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

no...i was rarely allowed to speak, much less 'read aloud to the cong.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I have had many congregational "priveleges of service." These have included reading the "lesson" at the Watchtower Study and reading at Book Studies.

I find that for myself there was rarely a cognitive dissonance. Typically when I'm reading I'm able to unplug my higher brain functions and just spew out the words. I've been told that I'm an excellent public reader, but to be honest it takes very little conscious thought. I would be likely to be contemplating where I was going to eat after the meeting got out while I was reading.

I think this was probably some kind of survival mechanism. If the words had to pass through my actual rational thinking mind on the way to my mouth, they would have been much more difficult to say.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

When I was on the school the last time before I DA'd myself the first time, I just thought to myself, "Is this really the life that I want? Do I want to sit here and preach about things that I don't believe in?" I looked at my householder and I laughed, she got confused though because I wasn't going by what was on the notecard, and I just winged it, thinking, what a load of crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit