Loyal JWs, what has the GB done for you lately?

by Stealth 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

It has been almost one year since the members of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses resigned as directors of the legal corporations.

The expressed reason for this change was printed as “A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT” in the January 15, 2001 Watchtower, page 31:

This decision is beneficial indeed. It allows members of the Governing Body to spend more time in preparing spiritual food and in otherwise caring for the spiritual needs of the worldwide brotherhood.

Many Witnesses rejoiced over this change last October, as it would undoubtedly benefit the rank and file Witnesses with spiritual food and new light.

The majority of Jehovah’s Witnesses know that adjustments to policy or “current truth” come by way of the Questions From Readers column in the Watchtower magazine.

So what has the Governing Body been doing for the past year to up-build the flock with spiritual food?

The latest QFR should give us a clue. October 15, 2001 Questions From Readers asks:

How were the poles for carrying the ark of the covenant positioned, since 1 Kings 8:8 indicates that they were visible from the Holy?

We then get a full page of information on just how the poles for the ark of the covenant might have been stored while not being transported and yet able to be seen from the holy. In paragraph 3 the writer states:

While this explanation is plausible, we cannot be dogmatic about it.

Thank God for that! I was worried that being dogmatic about how the poles of the ark were stored might somehow upset my life in a major way.

Yet the GB can hypocritically be dogmatic about other stupid rules that were enforced by way of the QFR many years ago that seriously effect peoples lives every day. These rules are in no way bible based; however violation of them will get you dis-fellowshipped from the congregation based on nothing more than a QFR column.

How is it that the GB can be dogmatic about these rules, and then proudly state how they can’t be dogmatic about how the poles are stored for the ark that was destroyed over 2500 years ago?

Loyal JW’s wake up. This GB is doing NOTHING to help the flock if this is the best they can come up with after a year of working at it full time.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

sure they have, they have been able to prepare a special
    meeting the day after the annual meeting

a blessing indeed.

not to menion the km school i will be attending in december

• Stealth
    Stealth

Good day nytelecom1,

sure they have, they have been able to prepare a special
    meeting the day after the annual meeting

Do you know what the nature of this meeting is? Will some new light be flashed forth?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hello NYTELCOM,

Your post was interesting, but leaves a question or two unanswered. You seem to have missed the gist of Stealth's post, which was that the organization through the pages of the Watchtower has imposed many man-made rules to burden the rank-and-file members of JW's.

So, in regards to your upcoming "special day" and "KM School for Ministerial Servants"....

Which is more likely to apply?

Matthew 11:29, 30:

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me... and you will find refreshment for your souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light. (emphasis mine)
    Or this statement by Jesus regarding the Pharisees (from Matthew 23:4):
    They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. (emphasis mine)

I guess in your viewpoint, everything dished out by the WT Society will be a light load and beneficial for people. The mere existence of this forum proves otherwise! (People do suffer due to the whims of the Brooklyn bosses.)

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Lately they provide we with almost as much amusement as frustration. I hope that soon it will be all amusement and no frustration.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Your attitude is all wrong, Stealth:

Ask not what your Governing Body can do for you; ask what you can do for your Governing Body!

AlanF

• Stealth
    Stealth

AlanF,

Oh yes I forgot, we will be judged based on how we "treat the least of Christ brother" (the GB). I guess we do that by blindly following the heavy loads they put upon the R&F and hope they will give us a favorable ruling when they are sitting on their glorious thrones judging mankind.

And if we don't, well they will go ahead and judge us now, throw us out of the congregation destine for everlasting destruction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit