Confession or Interrogation?

by zack 7 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

The WTS style of confession to three men, what's your view?

• Mulan
    Mulan

None of their business. I can't imagine why it's necessary.

• atypical
    atypical

bully tactics, plain and simple

• under_believer
    under_believer

My view: It's totally unscriptural.
    From the Watchtower's own NWT:
    (Romans 14:10-12) 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you also look down on your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written: “‘As I live,’ says Jehovah, ‘to me every knee will bend down, and every tongue will make open acknowledgment to God.’” 12 So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The WTS style of confession to three men, what's your view?

When they persisted in questioning Him, He stood up and said to them, “The one without sin among you should be the first to throw a stone at her.” John 8:7

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Do they still ask if you know about anybody else that has done wrong? That was always the stupidest thing to me. You have something on your mind or have been caught, not only do they want you to fess up about about what you did, but they want you to drop the dime on others and do there jobs for them.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I agree that its completely wrong. When I went through questions the first time, because I was young (16) they made my dad sit in with me and I felt like I was being put on trial for murder (I snuck out of my house and I wrote a letter to disassociate myself). I got disrespectful and pretty much told them all to f*ck off.....

• greendawn
    greendawn

"They are lovingly and under jehovah's direction loooking after the interests of the flock" he he he, they are in fact looking after the interests of the WTS and their love for the flock is totally hypocritical, they never really want to help anyone.

These JCs are especially dangerous for teenagers, child abuse victims and people suffering from depression because the JC members have no idea of how to handle such delicate cases. They are not professionals but just untrained people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit