Scientific journal on JWs during Nazism & Communism

by richard 8 Replies latest jw friends

• richard
    richard

http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/spissue/crss-si.asp

Four of the five authors are associated with the WTS German Branch.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Excellent. Thanks a lot for passing this on.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you for posting this.

• jaydee
    jaydee

Thanks so much for this

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    ‘All Over the World Jehovah’s Witnesses are the Touchstone for the Existence of True Democracy’

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes hamilcarr, James Beckford originated this idea, and it is meant as a comment on the relative freedom of the society in which Jehovah's Witnesses operate rather than as a comment about the quality of freedom that exists among Jehovah's Witnesses themselves.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Yes hamilcarr, James Beckford originated this idea, and it is meant as a comment on the relative freedom of the society in which Jehovah's Witnesses operate rather than as a comment about the quality of freedom that exists among Jehovah's Witnesses themselves.

I know. I think it's very contradictory though. Maybe I'm not a true democrat.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Would you have Jehovah's Witnesses banned? Seems a bit hardline to me. Despite drawbacks surely Jehovah's Witnesses are a net benefit to most people anyway.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Would you have Jehovah's Witnesses banned? Seems a bit hardline to me. Despite drawbacks surely Jehovah's Witnesses are a net benefit to most people anyway.

Not in the least. It shows, however, the heavy cost of loaded words like democracy, diversity, etc. Compulsory diversity leads to isolation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit