chilling out.................

by Nat 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Nat
    Nat

so, how is everyone this fine day! =;o) i thought i'd stop lurking for ahwile and pop in and say hey!

it's good to see all the different fews and i fondly reconize many names! so to you, and everyone, i warmly, southernly, say hello.

as i sit here thinking about what i'm gonna write, i guess the first thing that comes to my mind is where i am in the whole j.w. thing. i doubt i'll write my story, but i will say this.... i can finally see the dust begin to settle. my experience with the j.w. thing makes me feel as if i've been sucked up into a tornado and twisted a thousand different directions and has dropped me to the ground. i find that i've been wounded, but i slowly get up and i recieve the necessary help and i heal. now i'm a survivor. and that is what you are all my friends. being raised in and out of the org. it's a long story, i'll not take you through all the details. bottom line, my dad opposed and my mother and i were babtised when i was 13. at 41, i look at myself and i find a sense of surrending peace. which comes with a very warm welcome. coming from a big family in the south, my family was not of the norm. my dad, a hard nose strict, 6'4' 250pd., raging alcohol. my mother, a good woman with high morals and a backbone made of steel. with 6 big brothers, and 4 sisters, conflict from dad made it difficult for mama to get us to the kingdom hall, but she loaded all of us up in our station wagon and off we'd go! dad would go everynow and then, but it never lasted. in my personal opinion, i feel my dad was manic depressant, that needed, but never got the appropiate medication. he took his life in 1996. my mother passed away 2 years ago in aug. from breast cancer. i dissociated myself 3 years ago. i have some j.w. siblins and i speak if i see them. there was a time when it would bother me, but now, it's okay with me. i've let go of all the anger. i see where the tornado has left it's part and my part in all of it. i've past the part of wallering in my self pity and i'll make amends with those where i feel i can. i've read the c.o.c. book and i've started the *in search of christian freedom*. in one way it has been tragic, but in the other way, it has been strengthening. i know my family loves me, and i understand why mother hung on the org. with everything she had. now i just want peace in my life. i've survived and we've survived and we are living testiment to what strength is. my husband dissociated himself when i did. i don't even feel the need to read this last book. i pretty much don't think about it anymore and we see the light at the end of the funal. the air is peaceful, and all is calm, but there is will be a rebuilding that is taking place and that is a good feeling. so, i'll leave that with it's good to still be around and that life is good. a thank-god for anti-depressants! peace =;o)

• alirobbi
    alirobbi

Hi Nat,

As I read through your post I thought to myself Hey I know her
    I know I haven't used this particular handle on the other boards but think Kansas.

Good to see you here!

Robbi

• Kat_
    Kat_

Hi Nat! Just wanted to say 'welcome'! I am glad you are at a good place in your life and accepting the 'rebuild' with serenity; you are indeed a survivor! I know you'll provide a lot of vital insights to this board.

Kat

• COMF
    COMF

Glad to have you speak out, Nat. And, your outlook is encouraging, with your positive slant on how things will turn out. It's good to see someone determined to pick up and carry on after being slammed around and wounded.

COMF

• Nat
    Nat

thanks guys! =:o)
    i'm thinking kansas, but nothings ringing a bell!!! have we met??? =:o)

• alirobbi
    alirobbi

Nat,

well if we haven't then you have the same life and name of someone I know

okay How about September last year? I'm in Atchison Ks. and how about Robin?

• Nat
    Nat

hey girl! good to hear from ya!!! i hope t.r. and stan see this post, i wanted to say hey to them too! hope everyone is doing good!!!!! =;o)

• alirobbi
    alirobbi

Stan isn't on here alot but I am sure if he sees your name he will check it out. I don't think tr has figured out who I am yet**LOL**

Are you ready for your company? Wish I was coming down there too. My folks are having the shop auction on that weekend so good thing I hadn't planned on coming down. They need me here. It's hitting them pretty hard. btw, Mom asked about you the other day. I think she may even like you better then me

You have been on my mind alot the last few days. Then I saw your name on here and got all excited. The weather is exactly like it was last year when you were here. Keep thinking about us sitting around in the living room, chatting away, and watching my green TV**LOL**

Hugs to ya and give one to C for me

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Welcome, Nat! Always happy to see a lurker decide to post! :)

Keep talking...just by writing what you have you've already helped many others still lurking, I'm sure of it :)

*hugs*
    essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit