Palm Pilot gurus, please help ... Oh, ***never mind :D

by GentlyFeral 2 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

OK folkses, I just bought a bran'-spankin'-new PalmĀ® Universal Wireless Keyboard Joy, joy!

Only it won't work with my copy of Wordsmith, which is either the latest or next-to-latest version, downloaded in March 2005. The manual swears up & down that it's perfectly compatible. Dammit!

What's most likely to be the problem? Do I need to download Wordsmith again? Download the keyboard driver from Palm.com rather than use the one on the DVD that came with it? Pout and sulk until my new Tungsten E2 arrives next week?

Edited to add: I figured it out all by my little lonesome! I just needed to re-install Wordsmith again.

gently feral

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Not a guru by any means, but the driver would be a must. Here's a page on it, though read it over well to make sure the drivers are compatible with your device.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/universal_wireless_keyboard.html#palmos

Hope it helps!

Dave

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I figured it out all by my little lonesome! I just needed to re-install Wordsmith again.

Ummm... yeah, that's what I meant to say. When I say "driver", what I really mean is, "Whatever you did that actually fixed it."

You're welcome! ;-)

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit