Finland wins Eurovision 2006 song contest

by Lehtiveli 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

Finland has made history by winning Eurovision 2006 song contest.
    Band was Lordi and song Hard Rock Hallelujah

:D

Thats fun... first time ever that Finland has won a singing contest. Now religious people are furious about "satanic band in eurovision" and they won..

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Yes it was fun wasn't it. I did enjoy it when they were presented with large bouquets (sp?) of flowers at the end. Nice to see they were in touch with their feminine sides, as well as being satanists.

Ian.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Now religious people are furious about "satanic band in eurovision"

What ALREADY? They only won 10 minutes ago. Those anti satanists sure do move fast.

Are they Satanists though? I just thought they were teenage boys with bad cases of facial acne..

Youre not from Finland by any chance are you Lehtiveli?

• juni
    juni

THIS IS "LORDI"

Good lord!!! I guess similar to KISS, TWISTED SISTER, ETC.

YOU KNOW DADS. THE KINDS OF GUYS YOU WARN YOUR DAUGHTERS ABOUT!

Juni

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

They were tipping Finland to win on the radio this morning.

How did 'Royaume Uni' do?

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

I'm from Finland :)

In Fact they are not satanists at all, lead singer (Lordi) is a deacon/church worker. :D
    They just look scary, that's why people think they are satanists

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just watching "Exit Wound" at the moment. Watched "Falling Down" yesterday. I'm starting to get a real good taste for graturiously violent films. You don't think playing first person shoters all day is starting to affect me at all do you?

• south african beef
    south african beef

Sorry, was it a SONG contest?

I don' think the country with the best songwriters or musicians won did they?

But warm congratulations to Finland - it really is EuroVISION isn't it?

Not exactly attractive but certainly different - well done!

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

Yea. I liked their performance. I think all other performances were too identical, Lordi was different. Of course I was really surprised to see that they won but.. well done still =)
    Now to sleep, It's something like 1:40AM here :D
    (by the way, if you want to look something what people in Finland listen also, visit http://www.swallowthesun.net .. their last album was 4th on charts even it is doom metal. :) )

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their song was a nice melodic one though hard rock, it doesn't mean that because they wear those monster masks that they are satanic, they themselves deny this accusation. They know how to get attention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit