On-Line Dating

by limbogirl 4 Replies latest jw friends

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Have any of you ever tried on-line dating?

What kind of dating experience did you have?

Would you do it again?

Why or why not?

or ?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Yes - I signed up on a few JW sites. I was contacted by a bunch of 20'somethings from Nigeria. There were a few legitimate contacts, though. I even met one 'brother' but no match.

Yes, I'll continue giving this method a try - using e-harmony and match.com. I'm intrigued to see if e-harmony will turn up my soul mate (i.e. the quiz I took there said that only 3% of the women who took the quiz had similar qualities, and that only 3% of the men would match.)

I live in the suburbs and don't cross paths with many single men. I don't date men from work, either, but there's not many single men in the right age range there anyway.

• snarf
    snarf

I met my fiance online in a chat room. He was in Iraq in the Army at the time and I was bored and couldn't sleep. Neither of us were looking for a relationship, just good conversation to kill time. Anyway, after about 4 months of talking I started talking with his mom and sisters too. His family was coming to my area to look at schools for his younger sis and was looking at one about 15 minutes from me. We met for dinner and it all just clicked. I met his whole family before I met him, which was nice cause I could verify what he told me to make sure he was telling me the truth about himself. When he returned from Iraq I drove down with his family to meet him in person. We haven't been apart since.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi snarf. That's a sweet story. I hope all goes well for you. When's the wedding?

• ballistic
    ballistic

hehe, you just asked the expert. What do you want to know about it? I can tell you this, there are a lot more men on there rather than women, and good men are very skeptical about what they find. Probably easy men using very prolific tactics. Some extremes of personality on both sides appearing. One girl I dated was druged by a man. I find younger girls looking for money, other many single parent mothers looking for security, some whores believe it or not who directly ask you for money. young girls looking for just a good time (again money) and one or two very nice ladies, literally one or two who should be very carefull. If I find that special one, this board will be the first to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit