Return Visits (tm) -- something I'm thinking of doing

by merfi 2 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

My little book, all organized into "town", "rural -- by township", and other towns is full of RVs. I wasn't all that great at this, as I was not good at getting back to these people that I left stuff with, but I have a few. What I'd like to do is go through my RV book and "call" on these people again, only this time with an apology and perhaps some tidbit of REAL 'truth' -- silentlambs, Mexico/Malawi etc.

Anyone else ever feel like trying to 'right a wrong' or similar?

~merfi

• under_believer
    under_believer

I have always been indifferent to poor at "witnessing." I have very little in that particular regard to feel guilty about or to "right." I am lucky.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I actually contacted a few people I studied with and apologized to them, as well as shared some information about the org so that if they continued to study with the dubs, they'd at least have full disclosure. They've all responded very well.
    I was actually thinking of one return visit, an older lady, who I'd love to go see. I'm not sure there'd be a point really. She's in no danger of becoming a dub. She only takes the magazines and has never been to the kh. She honestly didn't remember what I "taught" her from one return visit to the next. I'm not even sure she'd remember who I am. If she did, the whole issue might just be confusing and upsetting for her. Although I'd love to drop by and say hello I think this one may be better off left as is.
    tall penguin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit