Da Vinci Disappointment?

by Oroborus21 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

So the news today is that the "critics" are panning the Code.

Screw Em.

sometimes they are right, but a lot of time they are wrong too. we'll see how it goes. I am still planning on seeing it early Friday.

The book was good (not great) but entertaining (frankly I liked Angels & Demons better) and it will be a shame if the movie doesn't turn out well. Some of the comments are that it isn't as action-packed as the novel seems to be and is too talky - but I like talky movies to an extent.

I just wish all these Catholics and others could get over it - so tired of their nonsense - it's FICTION people!

Anyway, the only thing I found really disappointing about the book is that being a fan of Leonardo (not dicapprio) I thought that the title was terribly misleading after reading the book. I really wanted it to be about Leonardo DaVinci and involve all these points about him, but in actuality he doesn't really play any major part, there is only one thing or point made about his Last Supper and that is basically it. There really isn't much "code" in the "DaVinci Code" and even less "DaVinci" so the whole thing sucks big time as far as that goes.

I guess "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" was already taken as a title :-)

-Eduardo

PS: I say if you were planning on going to see the movie then go see it and don't let the critics dissuade you. and if you are the kind of person that won't let your kids watch Harry Potter and think that the DaVinci Code is somehow denigrating to Christ then thanks for staying home. I didn't want to listen to your Nacho munching, loud talking self anyway.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Fiction??? WTF?

- Knight Templar

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

please, jesus being married with children is only the THIRD most controversial thing possible:

Number 2: Jesus being a black man.

Number 1: Jesus being gay.

I'm waiting for Di Vinci code parodies that have "the secret" being Numbers 1 or 2. (Number 2 would be a boffo Chapelle's show skit)

• luna2
    luna2

I like Ron Howard. I like Tom Hanks. I thought the book was entertaining for the most part. I'm seein' it.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

It thought the book was great and for that reason, I wont see the movie.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Critics hated all the Harry Potters in the beginning, and I loved them, when you read a book and have an image in your mind of what you see and then they make it into a movie, it is hard to please everyone.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Cannes Review was not impressed--considers it a dud actually.

http://www.variety.com/VE1117930534.html

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Have you seen the history channel's take on it? Turns out that's not Mary next to Jesus! It's JOHN! John was ALWAYS put next to Jesus in the last supper paintings during the renaissance and was always VERY feminine! If you look closely at a good pic you can tell that there is a beard on the figure!

Also the "genealogy" paper's that were found in the church... Well they weren't found in a church they were actually found in a French library! How did they get in the library? They had been put there by a VERY recent cult, if you traced the genealogy you would see that the "lost king" was the leader of the group that placed the papers in the library to begin with! HA can you say CULT!

That's rich for this crowd don't you think!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit