Could you be a legalist Quiz

by lovelylil 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I found this interesting quiz on the Plain Truth Ministries Website. I enjoy reading some of the articles there. And the Pastor Greg Albrecht recently wrote a book called "Bad News Religion", has anyone read it? I wish I did before joining the Witnesses because it would have saved me 10 years of slavery. Anyway, see how your church does.

Could you be a legalist?—Take the quiz!

Answer yes or no to the following questions:

1) God's love for me depends on what I do.

2) Meeting the expectations of others, especially those in my congregation or in positions of authority, are paramount.

3) Moral and ethical questions are usually black and white and only made into fuzzy shades of gray by hand-wringing, bleeding-heart types.

4) I try hard to obey God and it irritates me that others think they can get away with avoiding the same level of dedication.

5) I fall short because I don't have enough faith, or because I haven't prayed enough, or because I just need to be a better person.

6) God is predisposed to be angry with me because I am a sinner. My main goal in life is to try to gain God's favor by doing things that will impress him.

7) My sense of spiritual well-being is linked to a Christian leader or membership in my church rather than a personal relationship with God.

8) I tell my children not to do something in church or around other Christian families that I allow in my home.

9) I believe my church is God's true church and that most other Christians may be sincere, but are sincerely wrong.

10) The exterior choices a person makes in what they wear, hairstyle, piercings, tattoos, etc. is a clear indication of that person's character.

11) I sometimes worry that people might take advantage of grace if it's preached too much —people might think they can do anything they want.

12) After being around Christians for a while I feel drained —weary of putting up a false front.

13) When I happen to miss a service or activity of my church I feel guilty.

14) I will likely get into heaven, even though I'm far from perfect, because I have tried to be a basically good person and God will take that into account

The more you answer yes, the more legalistic you are or your church. Go to www.ptm.com to find out how to combat legalism.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

so far this has had 16 views but no replys. Did anyone take the quiz? How close is this with your current or ex church?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit