Preaching trip to Minnesota

by NoMoreMeetings 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• NoMoreMeetings
    NoMoreMeetings

Just returned from Minnesota. I was invited to preach the sermon and take questions during Sunday school about how to reach JW's with the simple truth of Christ. A number of Mennonites from a local church also were there. About 140 were there.

Every time I travel to speak in a church about my leaving JW's and how to reach them with the Gospel, there is a strong reaction. People are surprised to hear of the highly controlled lifestyle and the spiritual blindness. The go away with a better understanding of JW's and how to reach them.

We need to pray that JW's can find the simple truth of eternal life through faith in Christ alone, not by meeting attendance and hours in field service.

NMM

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

I am glad you want to help people... :)
    :0 but I don't think you will be able to reach most JWs

• blondie
    blondie

So Narrow Path, after studying only one month with JWs (by your report), you can form such an opinion?

People on this board had been JWs for many years but many still think they can help family and friends perceive the untruths the WTS teaches.

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

Blondie

• nsrn
    nsrn

I think it's fantastic that you are speaking to church groups about the witnesses! Most of the people who hear you have come into contact with a witness. Think of it as inoculating them against being baited in--as well as giving them the tools to reach out. That's putting some positive use to your negative experience.

I know my church friends looked at me like I'd lost my marbles when I tried to explain the two witness rule and pedophilia. And earning salvation...and blood...and field service quotas...

Hats off!

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

What part of MN were you in? I used to preach as a JW in a strong Mennonite area in MN.

HS

• NoMoreMeetings
    NoMoreMeetings

Hartstrings,

I was near Grand Rapids.

• lawrence
    lawrence

So... you're helping JWs find the truth... the problem, most couldn't find their ass with a map and 2 hands. Mennonites, great people, love control too! Maybe help them while you're dissing the Witlesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit