Have you ever snapped at someone in field service?

by Lapuce 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Have this happend to anyone and if so, what happend ?

It happend on a cold winterday in service, I was with my dub wife and another couple doing the door to door thingy, anyways I get to this door and the guy starts threating me, since I am quite large(beefy) I snapped back at him and sharted yelling like him and daring him to fight me, My wife got so mad after that incident and the the other couple didn't say a word. I did leave, but it was a close one.

• luna2
    luna2

That would have been funny, Lapuce!

No, I was a scared little bunny and wouldn't have confronted anybody. God, I was boring.

• anewme
    anewme

No one was ever more pleasant and non confronting to the householder than I was.
    As here, I allow everyone to have their personal beliefs. I only offer a perspective if they are interested.

So, upon knocking and opening the door, the householder starts in with "Oh no! Not the Watchtower! I dont believe in God, The Bible or the Jehovahs Witnesses!"
    I just said "Fine. Then we have nothing to discuss. Good day."

Oh, and when a man accepted the magazines and said he would line his bird cage with them I quickly snatched them back and said that was an inappropriate insult and changed my mind about offering them to him.
    I wasnt going door to door offering bird cage liners, but good news and hope for the world.
    He just laughed and slammed the door.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I snapped back at him and sharted yelling like him and daring him to fight me,

I bet that shut him up . He was probably polite to the next dub that called.

Worst thing I did , being of smaller stature and all, was a fairly sharp reply to someone who called us all cowards for not fighting for our country. But otherwise I was always diplomatic , too much so, thinking back . Some of them deserved a firmer put down. But thats all over now.

• carla
    carla

Can you imagine the headlines had you fought him? JW's come to your door to beat you up! Believe or else! Being destroyed by jah is not enough, beat up the heathens! Then imagine the lawsuit, the wt would leave you hanging all by yourself and all would say you weren't a real jw anyway.

I had called the police to find out how to keep jw's away from my door years ago. They said to put up a no tresspassing sign. That didn't work either. Finally a middle of the night call to the guy that lasted well over an hour (in which he had no answers to my little knowledge of the cult) stopped him from coming. That and my promise to call him everynight at the same time or later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit