Come on people, no more pesemism!

by Bgurltryal 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

It's 'big black cloud over the board' day. Everyone's having their issues so I thought I'd share a story of another board so maybe the pesemists will see the brighter side and realise this board offers more than some people may realise.

Before joining this board i was part of a small discusion board about Rainbow Brite, the 80's cartoon character that's all about love and colors and happiness. I was happy to find others my age that still enjoyed her. Now you'd think that rainbow brite fans would be the some of the more nice, happy ,and accepting people out there.

Well i posted my opinion on a topic (i won't go into the topic but who knew it was so political) and was subsequently bombarded by almost every member with negative and sometimes degoratory posts. In every thread i posted i was railroaded by these people. They actually expected me to change my opinions on a great many subjects solely to fit into a rainbow brite DB. I think the saddest thing i read were the posts of a witty although somewhat imature(duh) 15 year old who was also persecuted for his remarks. In effect they 'broke' him and he changed his entire personallity so these awful people would be friends with him. One poster(i think the owner of the board, can't find the original post. It's strangly missing) actually praised the child for changing his personallity for them and called it courageous. I feel that it was not courageous but sad that these people had bullied a kid until he complyed with their thoughts.

I left after reading that. It's cult like paralels were undeniable. 'We will only be your friends and greet you to the board if you agree with everything we beleive and think'

during this time my boyfriend was, as he is now, a part of this discusion board. I was very enviouse of such an open DB with so many varying viewpoints able to coexhist, hence my own ensuing membership.

I have been enjoying my time here so far and became disapointed that the often lighthearted and more fun side of the board has been lacking the past few days.

Regardless of which side of the lastest topics you stand on, this board has something that you should all be proud to be contributing to. For me, to be a part of this mesh of varying opinions, backgrounds and stories is a privelage(Am not butt kissing! Am not!)

Can't we start looking at the positives instead of fixating on the negative?

• Seeker
    Seeker

Don't worry, these things are cyclical. I've seen this all before, and I'll see it again in the future. Soon people will be right back to normal until the next breakout of hard feelings. Then the cycle will start again.

Ain't nothing new about this. Only the individuals involved change, but the situation is the same as always.

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

Poeple are just upset because every morning they wake up, log on, and see undeniable proof that I am the greatest among all people on earth and that i am right about everything.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I thank you, and my butt thanks you.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Bgurltryal:
    Interesting name you've got there. Love to hear what it means. And btw...welcome to the board. I've been busy and only popping in and out for short times lately so I missed your posting til now.

Seeker's got a good point there. I'm optimistic that this will pass. This board has been a fantastic find for me to learn so much...each day I find out something about the WTS that I didn't know and I was raised from birth in a JW family.

And as a bonus, I've made some fantastic friends here online practically next door and thousands of miles away. Some of us have gone on to meet personally and found we really clicked so we arranged to meet again....and now again next week.

Anybody I talk to about this board, I tell them what a great bunch of intelligent people are here that can express their feelings on an issue or share their knowledge, time and experiences, and some are just so funny and witty and do something silly to make us all laugh.

Each day that I come here, I benefit from something, so when things get a little rocky, I'm confident that somehow we will work through it. Hang in there...

• Moxy
    Moxy

well cmon, what did you expect on a rainbow brite forum? rainbow brite is absolutely satanic, dontcha know? once a rainbow brite doll, got up during a meeting in a KH, punched out some kid, said 'how are you?' to a DF'd person sitting in the back, grabbed the mike and made a comment about the 'vindication of Jehovah's name' if you can believe it, and then walked out. also Red Butler has obviously got some cross-gender issues. and when i look on their official website, i see a link for '12 INCH MALE SPRITES' which i thankfully did not follow. need i say more?

mox

• Introspection
    Introspection

Rainbow bright? This is like the fight over the Simpsons and Family Guy. (except that one was cooler ;) For some people only an episode of Celebrity Deathmatch featuring Homer and Peter Griffin with much cartoon fat jiggling about will be satisfying.

"Soy un perdedor
    I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me? (get crazy with the cheese whiz)" - Loser, by Beck Hansen

• comment
    comment

Moxy, that was hilarious! Especially the "vindication" part!

comment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit