Kent-How 'bout we discuss the sanctity of life?

by drahcir yarrum 1 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I remember how the society used to drone on and on about the "sanctity of life". Your recent thread on god ordering killing got me to thinking about this concept again. I also know that the anti-abortion people like to use the sanctity of human life argument to support their position as well. I don't really want to discuss that issue, but mention it because it seems to resonate with the religious amongst us.

Here's the reality about human life. It's cheap! It is neither sacred nor sanctified. Every minute of every day someone goes tits up, takes a dirt nap, buys the farm or croaks. It is no more valued by god than I value old tennis balls.

Individually, life is what WE make of it. There are no second chances at it. Many have decided to simply become consumers here to be amused. Others have decided to be a pain in as many peoples asses as possible. Others try to contribute something or things to make the world a better place. In the end. . . there is still just the end.

It was so liberating to me when I realized that Jehovah is just as mythical as Baal, Molech, Allah or any of the pantheon of Greek and Roman gods.

So don't try to tell me that god places value on human life. Everything I know about history shows me that if god were real, he/she would be a blood thirsty predator of humanity.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

We're pretty selfish, humans only value other humans lives, and even that is rare. other species dont matter, they are yummy food :)

What am i making of my life?

I am an aspiring goat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit