Yesterday

by parlay 8 Replies latest jw friends

• parlay
    parlay

I saw this guy from way way back. He had been DFed for a while and was recently

reinstated. He was all giddy and grinning, spewing how good Jah is, etc. He doesn't know

I'm on the fade. I just listened and felt kind of sad for him. It's obvious that while he was out

he didn't do any real research on what he believes to be the truth. I didn't burst his

bubble. Research has helped me understanding how deep the rabbit hole is and that people

in the org have to be ready to handle the truth about "the truth".

• M.J.
    M.J.

This is why it would be good if we had a "care package" delivered to every DF'ed person...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Absolutely, M.J. I've noticed that DF'd people can experience a few weeks of euphoria after discipline. It reminds me of the endorphin rush after eating a red-hot pepper or sky-diving.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Jgnat - you've been sky-diving? OMG Brave girl.

I noticed in the local paper the other day, a letter to the editor written by an old WT nemisis from this "territory" .
    I haven't heard from or about him in years and I was wondering about him the other day - alive or dead etc.
    When I first started to research, he came to the rescue (thru a friend)
    for $10.00 I got a 2" thick stack of photocopies of old WT, highlighted, comparison sheets, quotes, etc. to which he has all the originals.
    He also had tracts which he'd put together himself - and used as handouts.!
    Everything one needed to get the ????s rolling.

(He's been an Xjw advocate since the 70s - but never one himself. He has some great stories, Always carries a copy of the bill of rights,
    and is well known in these parts)

• Balsam
    Balsam

I have a policy of not interfering in what makes another person happy. If being a JW bring that person happy I fully support them. When it reaches a point of unhappiness and questions then come, I am also there to support them.

I have a young woman friend in Calif, she is disf'ed and she desires to return and be reinstated. She feels she can find happiness in the religion, though she realizes there are flaws and accepts them as such. I encourage her to do what she is certain to bring reasoning and happiness. I tell her to go to the meetings, examine how you feel, do you feel encouraged? Do you agree with what is said? If you feel peaceful and in touch with your spiritual self then persue it?

Everyone must fine their happiness in their own form of spirituality. Even atheist feel a certain satisfaction and sense of rightness about their perspective. So allowing people to be happy whereever that is, has brought me peace and happiness in my life. I help those who wish to leave and learn the history of the WTBTS, ones who don't I encourage them to be happy where ever that is.

Balsam

• jaredg
    jaredg

Will...you should invite that guy to the board

• parlay
    parlay

I have effectively cut off 98% of association from JW friends aquaintances. They made it easy

by backing away when I stopped attending. I don't have any family in the org, so that's not an issue.

I've read Franz's CoC and am half way through his second book. I can really now

understand why things are the way they are in the org. For the first time in my life

I'm interacting with people without my vision being tunnelled thru a rolled up Watchtower.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nice to see you around, Will Power.

No, I have not sky-dived. I am guessing it's a rush. I bet I could do it, though.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    No, I have not sky-dived. I am guessing it's a rush. I bet I could do it, though.

I would love to go skydiving..except for my fear of heights and ah my fear of falling and my fear of flying

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit