Elder removed proceedure?

by Synergy 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Synergy
    Synergy

When an elder gets removed or steps down, does he have to turn in his Private Elders Book or can he keep it as a souvenier?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Welcome!

He would be asked to return the book, but that does not mean that he could not copy the entire book or put it in a pdf file before returning it!

Cheers!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Actually it does mean he cant copy it. Of course some might do it, but it aint right.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Yeah - That wouldn't be right

• geevee
    geevee

I had lent my book to another guy who had just become a new elder. So when I "stepped" down, it wasn't in my posession. But, I had downloaded a word version of the book, so I borrowed my book back and copied every note that I had as well as any changes in "procedure" and terminology. So I dont have my actual book, but do have it in word doc.
    Someone said It aint right to keep it...who said it aint right? Lots of ex elders keep theirs. It is the one book I wish that I had kept. Any one got one spare?
    If I knew how to break and enter, I know where there are 3. But I'd be the one burgular to get caught!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Lots of ex elders keep theirs

When I was removed, or stood down whichever way you interpret events, the only thing that the local elders made absolutely sure of was that they took back my "Shepherd " book.

I did manage to copy some of the most useful pages about judicial matters but that's all . Nowadays it is available on line anyway at certain unauthorized sites.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I simply handed mine in. I knew the rules and was still pretty much a loyal JW at the time despite having been stabbed in the back by few gutless fellow elders.
    Eyeslice

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

As Eyeslice said:

I simply handed mine in. I knew the rules and was still pretty much a loyal JW at the time despite having been stabbed in the back by few gutless fellow elders.

This is my experience exactly.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit