Happiness - Evidence of God's blessing?

by Esse quam videri 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

People from dissimilar groups appear equally as happy.

Is happiness a sign of spiritual blessings or rather minds manipulated by people or organizations?

• Esse quam videri
  • Esse quam videri
  • Esse quam videri
  • jhine
    jhine

Maybe SOME of those people only look happy because they will be shot if they don't ! You would need to know much more about each group of people .

Jan

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Personally, i was happy when i was blinded to TTATT. Life was good. I was happy thinking i Knew all the answers to all life's big questions.

Now I am awake to TTATT, i am still happy. I am happy knowing i had the mental capacity to wake myself up from this weird cult. And i'm happy knowing the world isn't such a bad place and i can achieve whatever i put my mind and effort to.

The phrase "JWs are the happiest people on earth" is a bit pathetic really. People are either prone to happiness, or are prone to sadness. EACH INDIVIDUAL makes that choice themselves.

I have met an equal amount of miserable JWs and happy JWs. Both Positive and negative.

I have known a few people before becoming JWs (when they were studying) and they were pretty miserable. After they got baptized they were still miserable. Basically, they are prone to negative feelings, and a sad, negative outlook.

Same has worked the other way.

It is the same with any en-devour in life, not just religion. Employment, education, wife/husband.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit