Life Update

by zanex 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• zanex
    zanex

Ok..well i havent done one of these "life updates" in some time but I just relaized the other day that the only time I post on here is when something bad or something that triggers a bad memory hapens. I dont think that I want this to be only reason...I have read others on this board trying to celebrate the advancement and happiness of life post df'edness. Life is just that right now-beautiful. I have just moved into a new place with my significant other of now 2 years (longest relationship ever) and with the onset of an awesome job that takes care of me better than I ever thought possible things just seem to be on a very positive upswing for me.

I even had the opportunity to go toe to toe with an active jw at my new job which just happened to have jw's that knew my parents very well...go fig. I was asked point blank to my face in our work break room if I was disfellowshipped...my first impulse was to be honest...why not? whats the worst that could happen? yah right..I really should have known better. I brought it up to management and immediate action was taken and I was able to confront that jw and let that person know I did not accept her asking me that question as it has very direct negative feelings for me and a negative "brand"...she looked dumb for a bit and said "but nobody was around.." I have a photographic memory and those years of being df'd just add to my whole clarity ability...anyhow to make a long story short I got my piece out and management was rigth behind me and the jw was forced to apologize to me and say that it would never happen again...

Did I win something? Hmmmm well yes and no i suppose...some small measure of respect in that I didint let it bother me that much but I let it be known that it was not acceptable to say such things. On the other hand I did tell her the truth...the first words out of my mouth were, " yes I am df'd but it is a part of my life that I do not allow to identify who or what I am." maybe i should have just said I would rather not answer that question...oh well. Thereafter she and her husband (an elder who is very close to my pops and moms and sis) and several other witnesses who work there as well have given me the "smile and nod" treatment....good thing the rest of the office is either married but crazy odd married people or gay men and lesbian women...it does make the work environment a bit easier.

Anyhow..thats all I have to say...I just wanted to take the time to post something good and with a positive feeling behind it.

-Z-

• jojochan
    jojochan

Good that you stood up to that, zanex. At least you got them off your back though.

That's a good thing.

jojochan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit